Green screen lighting

I'm not sure how close plus-green gel is to the hue of green screen, but I have some already. I'll try it out if need be and try out some CalColor Green and let you guys know what I think of the results.

I don't use green filters when greenscreening, and have not had problems with pulling quality mattes as long as the levels are proper and there is separation between fore/background. That said, if I were going to use one, I would not use +Green as it has more yellow that I would want to throw on a greenscreen. I would probably stay with something closer to primary. As a reference here is a excerpt from the Rosco "Filter Facts" pdf found on their website that might help you.

"In addition to their use as color effects lighting filters, CalColor can serve a number of technical uses.

For bluescreen, greenscreen or redscreen digital compositing, the Blue, Green and Red primaries in the 60 or 90 densityoffer color enhancement for lighting the colored background. The complimentary Yellow, Magenta and Cyan tints in the 15 density then become useful for backlighting the subject. This backlighting will neutralize any spill from the background that would otherwise cause contamination or fringing in the matte."

As a reference here is a excerpt from the Rosco "Filter Facts" pdf found on their website that might help you.

Tah dahhhh!!!

Thanks Paul. I should have consulted my Rosco filter facts book to begin with...d'oh!

Anyway, looks like my assumptions were correct.

cheers!

Also you can experiment with a 1/2 minus green on the backlight...that willcancel the green spill from the green screen. Avoid going with a full Minus Green specially if your subject has a blonde hair.

Also ask the post people if you need to do tracking on the camera or on the screen itself.

Also you can experiment with a 1/2 minus green on the backlight...that willcancel the green spill from the green screen. Avoid going with a full Minus Green specially if your subject has a blonde hair.

Also ask the post people if you need to do tracking on the camera or on the screen itself.

I feel better about using 1/4 minus green, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm only going to have it on hand, just in case anyways.

There aren't any camera moves, it's pretty much a locked down newsroom, but it never hurts to do put some tracking on there anyway.

cheers

• 6 months later...

I have a dolly shot planned with green screen. Basically the interior of scene is done at one location, while the exterior part that we'll see through the windows is done at another location.

The shot is this, camera is inside seeing photos on wall and the subject, we see the window that needs to be green screened. The subject leaves, and camera pushes in to the window, and we see subject outside moments later. In the movie its all one shot.

I'm wondering what I need to do make the move right. Do I shoot the interior with green screen outside the window, with tracking marks on it, making note of lens, lens height, etc.

and then when I go to do the exterior shot that will be composited in that window, can I shoot that static, or do I have to move with it as well.

any thoughts.

I've briefly worked with green screen, but nothing that involved movement.

any input is greatly appreciated.