16bl start stop

Oscar Godfrey

Hello.

I have an Arri 16bl eq. When i press the start button on the hand grip, the camera starts and when i let it go it stops. I was watching this video of someone using a standard 16bl ; http://rtf.utexas.edu/equipment/gallery/tutorials/16bl.html

and when they start it they do something that keeps it going when they release the button, i can't see what they do in the video but if anybody knows i would like to know how.

Thank you.

Hello.

I have an Arri 16bl eq. When i press the start button on the hand grip, the camera starts and when i let it go it stops. I was watching this video of someone using a standard 16bl ; http://rtf.utexas.edu/equipment/gallery/tutorials/16bl.html

and when they start it they do something that keeps it going when they release the button, i can't see what they do in the video but if anybody knows i would like to know how.

Thank you.

If this is like a regular BL, if you push the button all the way down it will lock until you push it again. If you only push it part way it is momentary.

• Premium Member
Hello.

Thank you.

You should have a running-lock function on the camera that allows you to press the button once to start the camera and once to stop the camera. You shouldn't have to keep the button depressed constantly.

You should have a running-lock function on the camera that allows you to press the button once to start the camera and once to stop the camera. You shouldn't have to keep the button depressed constantly.

I have a BL as well, and the operation as described above is correct. However, I had the same problem. The camera worked fine when I bought it, then would operate only as long as the button remained manually depressed. It turned out to be a break in the mechanism in the handgrip (obviously), and I had it repaired at Visual Products in Ohio. At the time I lived in Pittsburgh, PA and drove it out myself. Great bunch of guys. Can't remember what it cost, though. I also brought the camera back out there to have it tuned up for my feature shoot. I'm going to bring it back for a check-up next year before my next shoot. Here's their contact info:

Visual Products Inc.

790 Shiloh Ave.

Wellington, Oh. 44090

U.S.A.

Phone: 440.647.4999

sales@visualproducts.com

Edited by Mark Rapp