Topics on Cinematography.com you'd like added

John Adolfi

• Premium Member

What about Standard 8mm and Super Duper 8? Heck, let's bring back the 17.5mm also! Hell, I think someone should invent a method of pulling the film through that doesnt take precious space from our 8mm stock so we can use the full surface. Ok, that was my soapbox for the day.

I would like double-spaces after sentences in my posts. For example, in this sentence, I have begun it with two spaces after the previous sentence. But like this one, only one space will be left after it is rendered by the forum. It would just be a small way to make responses more proper, more gramatically correct, and more readable.

Edited by David Sweetman

I would like double-spaces after sentences in my posts. For example, in this sentence, I have begun it with two spaces after the previous sentence. But like this one, only one space will be left after it is rendered by the forum. It would just be a small way to make responses more proper, more gramatically correct, and more readable.

I think it has to do more with an issue of bandwidth than anything else but I agree.

• Premium Member

not sure why people have to be so rude....

I think the reason that there is no editing forum here is because this is a cinematography forum and the powers that be don't want to water it down or make it difficult to find information you need. I'm sure there are a number of forums geared towards editing.

65mm gets discussed from time to time but I don't think there are enough productions using 65 to require its own forum, but maybe I'm wrong.

A post work-flow forum might not be a bad idea since that is something we have to take into account when choosing media, but don't we already kind of discuss that stuff anyways?

html inherently ignores multiple spaces adjacent to each other. it's outta tim's hands.

if you're really that concerned about it, you can add the code:

"&--n--b--s--p--;" (remove the dashes)

after each of your sentences. it's officially correct/acceptable to single space after your sentences when on the web, since no journalist or writer in their right mind would ever do what i just suggested.

a post workflow FAQ is sorely needed on the forum, imo.

Edited by Jaan Shenberger

How about a smaller indie film section. Something between first time film makers and general discussion. That way when we post problems the response won't be '5 max-brutes each on their own condor, with a silk spanning the 200ftx300ft outdoor location.

may be a small point, but I think there is a big difference between the Mike Colliers of the world operating on shoestrings from private investors for most of their films, and the Mullens of the world who have a little more mainstream funding. A different forum would easily serpate those of us who desperatley want to make films and find a way into the industry, and those who have put decades of their lifes to the art to get in. (really think of it as a forum for me and sweetman, and a few others.)

also, it would be cool if tim could start another posting service that would let us (for a monthly fee or per-view basis of course) allow for high speed transfer of H.264 footage (without file size limits) embedded in the forum so we can stop posting on you-tube (I have my own server for my stuff, but most people are showing very low-res stuff on servers slower than my modest broadband connection.) another idea for this service would be to make it downloadable only by those who have good standing in the forum (a certain number of posts, a membership, an approved-by-the-author basis, etc. I have films I would like to show to people here, but don't want to violate the internet distrabution rule most film fests have. If its using the internet to set up a private screening for industry people, I think that would work around the rules, without violating the spirit of those rules)

• 2 years later...

I strongly recommend A Regular/Standard 8mm section. This has become a stronger format in recent years than Super8 in terms of reliability and quality. Due largely to the better color reversal film stock available as well as the steady image, solid camera designs and integrated, in camera, pressure plate.