Processing and Video Transfer recommendations?

Brendan Maroney

Hey there,

I live in Central Jersey, not the hottest spot for film labs, so I was wondering if anyone would recommend some labs for me. I'm on an extremely low budget, pulling out of my own pocket, and hope to be shooting a couple of shorts soon, but I need to know where I'm going to get my film processed and transfered to tape to edit.

Any recommendations around me or a place I can ship to would be fine, hopefully with resonable prices.

P.S. I will also probably be shooting on B&W Negative film.

Thanks a bunch,

Brendan :D

Hi Brendan,

We at Colorlab can process your B/W Negative film and transfer it to video. We are down in Maryland just outside of Washington, DC.

Check out our website www.colorlab.com for more info.

Dan Horstman

Colorlab

Hey Dan,

Looking at your price list...I think I got ripped off. I dropped off my first rolls of film to Pac Lab this morning to be processed and transferred. I had two 100' rolls, one 7222 b&w neg and one 7266 b&w reversal. The 7222 got split into two rolls because I had a jam in the camera. So they treated it as two rolls, which I guess is understandable. It cost me $170+ to process and rank telecine transfer 200ft of 16mm film to minidv. According to your pricelist, you guys would've cost me less than half that. Does what I got charged sound a bit high to anyone else?