John Pytlak Illness

John Pytlak RIP

Guest Christopher Wedding

You mean they didn't find a roll of film in there instead of a heart? :lol:

Wishing you the best, John. Thanks for your constant and attentive guidance.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello John,

Your work over the years at Kodak has been awesome and the help you have given to lots of filmmakers

on this site has been extremely valuable.

But, John, you have lots of good work left to complete and the filmmaking community needs you around for a lot longer.

Stay positive, keep focused on your task at hand and we will all send our good thoughts and prayers.

You are needed.

Mike

Hi John,

Shock to hear you are ill as I was not in the forum for sometime. You have been my source of knowledge. I must admit that I have learnt a lot from your comment. Not to worry so much, with the help of your doctors and modern medical knowhow, I am very very confident that you will recover soon. You are always in my thought and I pray for your speedy recovery. May I invite all the forum participants to also join me to pray for John's health and ensure he will be active again to contribute in the forum, We still need you.

Regards and lots of love to you, John.

• Premium Member
Saw my surgeon today. Looks like surgery will be in mid November, after I am off the blood thinners needed to prevent clotting around the new coronary stent.

Hey John, I'll think positive thoughts for you. When you get close to your surgery date (around 4 days before), you might need to stop taking aspirin as well, definitely ask them about it (if you happen to be taking aspirin), sometimes the docs forget to mention that one.

• Premium Member
Hey John, I'll think positive thoughts for you. When you get close to your surgery date (around 4 days before), you might need to stop taking aspirin as well, definitely ask them about it (if you happen to be taking aspirin), sometimes the docs forget to mention that one.

Thanks. I'm very aware that I will need to be off the aspirin and Plavix for some time before the surgery. I'm meeting with my cardiologist to determine the best schedule. There is some risk, as the normal time for being on the blood thinners for a bare metal stent is at least three months. But we can't delay too long in going after the cancer, so mid-November seemed the best compromise.

This is new to me since I haven't been on in a while. I am sorry to that you are ill. You are always knowledgeable and yet still humble to share information to us. I will keep you in my prayers that god's hand will guide the surgeons.

Edited by Jonathan Bryant

Guest Ole Dost

Dear John,

My best wishes for you! Beeing a cinematographer is just my hobby. My "job" is beeing a lutheran church pastor. And as a pastor I want to pray for you -may God help you to experience a quick and complete recovery! Thank you for all the help on the forum!

God bless you,

OLe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Again, thank you for all the good wishes! :)

I am recovering very well from the heart attack. I am doing three cardiac rehab sessions each week, and they are upping the level of exertion each time to reach my "target" heart rate.

Having a follow-up CAT scan on Wednesday (Oct 25), which will determine the extent of surgery needed for the appendix cancer. Can't have any surgery until mid November, after I am taken off the Plavix and Aspirin that were required to prevent clotting around the new coronary stent. For now, no further symptoms from the appendix cancer --- I've put all my lost weight back on, have a good appetite, no bleeding, and no pains or cramping.