John Pytlak Illness

John Pytlak RIP

• Premium Member

Good news from my oncologist today. My follow-up CAT scan was "stable", showing no significant change in the past six weeks. So there is hope that the mid November surgery can remove most of the cancer that originated in the appendix area. Chemotherapy may still be needed afterward.

• Premium Member
Good news from my oncologist today. My follow-up CAT scan was "stable", showing no significant change in the past six weeks. So there is hope that the mid November surgery can remove most of the cancer that originated in the appendix area. Chemotherapy may still be needed afterward.

EXCELENT! Great News.

Here is hoping that they can fix you up to work as well as 7201 and 7205!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I got home from the hospital yesterday, after my surgery on November 14. The news was not good, as the surgeon found that the cancer had spread from the appendix region into the small intestine and abdominal wall, such that it could not be removed surgically. After I heal from the exploratory surgery (10-inch long incision), they can begin chemotherapy to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors. I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss and perhaps begin chemotherapy on November 29.

Cancers of the appendix are very rare and hard to find, as they usually start to grow outside the intestines, so they are not usually found early with routine colonoscopy exams. I had a colonscopy two years ago that was completely "clear".

Again, your kind thoughts and prayers have certainly helped emotionally, even if they were unable to change the diagnosis. Please keep them coming!

I got home from the hospital yesterday, after my surgery on November 14. The news was not good, as the surgeon found that the cancer had spread from the appendix region into the small intestine and abdominal wall, such that it could not be removed surgically. After I heal from the exploratory surgery (10-inch long incision), they can begin chemotherapy to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors. I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss and perhaps begin chemotherapy on November 29.

Cancers of the appendix are very rare and hard to find, as they usually start to grow outside the intestines, so they are not usually found early with routine colonoscopy exams. I had a colonscopy two years ago that was completely "clear".

Again, your kind thoughts and prayers have certainly helped emotionally, even if they were unable to change the diagnosis. Please keep them coming!

I heard about a lady who also got cancer around the abdominal wall. She is given weekly injections to prevent further growth. She was diagnosed January 2005 and is still going strong. In fact she maintains a active lifestyle.

Although unfortunate and a shock in its own right for anybody. Judging by the person I refered to: I believe this news is not a death sentence for you. Your recovery and general wellbeing is in your hands. And it is important to keep your spirits high and use this forum for moral support.

Feel free to contact me if you want to chat.

My prayers and wishes are with you and your family. I am sure everyone else feels the same.

they can begin chemotherapy to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors.

Radiation therepy may also be an option... powerful x-rays are concentrated onto the tumors, and kill them... for they are a lot more sensitive to radiation than normal tissue. I hope Kodak is understanding and appreciates all you have done. I admire you and your presence on the forums, and will pray for you.