John Pytlak Illness

John Pytlak RIP

• Premium Member

Again, thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. :)

I'm recoving well from the surgery, and see my oncologist tomorrow (November 29) to discuss chemotherapy options to hopefully slow down the growth and spread of the tumors.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming, as they really help keep my spirits up, and may help the chemo be more effective.

John,

just be positive whatever the oncologist is going to be saying. its so strange that....my father is going thro the same situation and the entire family is going thro deep pain. he has started his chemo ..... he is doing ok. a little weak though. his second cycle starting 2nd DEC. we are staying positive. we wouldnt for a moment think negative.

my prayers are there for u.

My dad is getting Oxaliplatin in combination with 5 FU and Leucovorin .......they say to add the agents such as

Cetuximab (anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody) or Bevacizumab (anti-angiogenic monoclonal antibody) might be more effective. But they are quite expensive and i cant afford them. check with ur doc about these agents.

my prayers for u.

take care.

• Premium Member

John,

As an FDNY EMT, I help people everyday and it is a great feeling. As I think of all of those terrific calls I've been on, I truly have faith that all will be well with you.

Talk to you soon and keep your spirits up. We are here for you.

John,

This is a brotherhood engaged in your successful recovery. Let's keep our positive chain of helpful energy up in order to your good health.

I don't know you more than once when I contacted with you over these boards, but I'm praying allover my days for your welfare. And I'm sure you'll succeed!

Yours sincerely,

Emanuel :)

• Premium Member

I had a brief setback, and spent three days in the hospital last week. Had some severe cramping which could have been an intestinal obstruction, but it was just an after-effect of the surgery I had on November 14. I'm back home again, and just started my chemotherapy, which hopefully will be effective in slowing down the cancer. The list of chemotherapy side-effects is scary, but hopefully they will be mild for me. :)

Hello John,

As I said earlier, there are some new Chemo Drugs that only give the very mildest of fatigue, I don't know if you're getting those ones, but I'd try asking for them, I'm not sure if they're out yet, but it's worth a try. ;)

Good luck and may God bless you.

I had a brief setback, and spent three days in the hospital last week. Had some severe cramping which could have been an intestinal obstruction, but it was just an after-effect of the surgery I had on November 14. I'm back home again, and just started my chemotherapy, which hopefully will be effective in slowing down the cancer. The list of chemotherapy side-effects is scary, but hopefully they will be mild for me. :)

Dear John

I can honestly say that what you are going thru right now is an extremely traumatic experience. My advice is to surround yourself with supportive people who will help you get thru this.

You have vitnessed that the readers of cinematography.com have poured out well-wishes for you in hopes of a speedy recovery.

chemotherapy has taken considerable advancements in the last 10 years.

Please keep me and everyone informed with your progress and keep your spirits high.

cheers

Árni

John,

Keep your spirits up. I firmly believe that a positive mental approach can do wonders for the body. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Get plenty of rest and here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sincerely,

Jeff Tanner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Had a brief setback last week, and spend four more days in the hospital. The 10-inch long incision from my November 14 surgery had gotten infected underneath (subcutaneous hematoma), and required drainage and a few days of IV antibiotics to stop the infection (102F fever). I'm back home again, but have two deep open wounds that need twice-daily treatment.

hi john feel for you ,had problems in my family with infected wounds , its seems to normal over here afraid to say ,anyway they all pulled through , its just you dont need that added , worry , take care and seasons grettings to you and your family . John Holland , London.

• Premium Member

My prayers are still with you.

I, for one, keep reminding God of how wonderful a resource you are to the film-making community from the nOOb's to the working Hollywood professional and that He'd better take real good care of you - we need you! (I learned this style of prayer from my 100% Hungarian wife - who am I to argue with a women who probably has a blood relationship to Vlad the Impaler, AKA Count Dracula?).

Have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.