John Pytlak Illness

John Pytlak RIP

I'll keep praying for you, John, enjoy Christmas and try to stay as optimistic as possible, that will help you some, you should pray yourself, God will listen, maybe you should also get a church congregation to pray for you, that will make the prayer much more powerful.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got out after a week in the hospital for a partial intestinal blockage. Now on a full liquid diet -- no solid foods. Hopefully, the chemo will help open up the intestine again soon.

John Pytlak,

Glad that you are out of the hospital. I have been praying for your speedy recovery. I am sure you will be fully well soon if you observe your doc's advice strictly coupled with your own strong determination to recovery. Hope to see you in this forum actively again. All the best.

Just got out after a week in the hospital for a partial intestinal blockage. Now on a full liquid diet -- no solid foods. Hopefully, the chemo will help open up the intestine again soon.

For the past months Iam not participating in the forums, Iam really shocked when I saw the topic that you are in Illness. It is also nice to hear that you are back form the hospital to your home, You will get well soon. We are all with you John.

Take care, we all will pray for your wellness.

L.K.Keerthi basu :rolleyes:

Edited by l.k.keerthibasu

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Just a quick health update: I'm still on the full liquid diet (no solid foods), since January 1. Even so, my liquid nurishment is having a tough time going through my small intestine due to partial blockage, as I get cramps in the latter part of each day. Just completed my third round of chemotherapy, which hopefully will open things up again. Only major side effect of the chemo has been fatigue -- I need to take at least one long nap each day.

John,

I haven't read the whole thread - what a monster! - but it really shows the level of support from the well meaning people here at cinematography.com

I understand you have cancer in your appendix and you are having chemo right now ? I thought maybe I'd pipe up and say I'm right there with ya...

Last Friday I had my second treatment of ABVD the chemo used to combat Hodgkins Lymphoma (its a cancer of the lymphatic system, type IVb for those interested) - I was diagnosed on the day after xmas last year and have only just awoken from a nap myself after having been admitted for two days after a suspected mild heart attack, but here I am back again, trolling the net to pass the time.

Anyway, it turns out the mild heart attack wasn't one at all and is suspected to have been the reverse-growing pains of a mass wedged inbetween my heart and lungs. Its amazing how fast the mass has been affected by the chemo (my cough disappeared within 24hours of the first treatment). The before and after X-rays show the mass is no longer affecting my lung and has decreased in size from a grapefruit to that of a largish lemon...

Although I'm in good spirits now I can understand the mental aspect and unfortunately the physical side effects of chemo - although its superficial I am still wiping hair out of my mouth each morning and must get around to cutting it all off - and then there is the mad diet swings and 'down there' gut area issues - thankfully nausea is yet to be a symptom due in part perhaps to the anti-emetics and I'm hoping the excellent diet that my mother is helping me out with. I've found that with all the lists of what to eat and what not to eat from all the different alternative and standard treatment ideals I was left with only water and blueberries. I decided stuff that, and have been eating what I want since, albeit only organic versions and I try to keep things as fresh raw as possible. My mouth is starting to ulcerate, and I can only hope that you aren't going to get this side effect, being such a food lover and blabbermouth it's disconcerting to say the least! hopefully they will only flair up when the treatments is at its peak...

I'll end my short blabber there :rolleyes: not really sure why I am posting this particular thread, but I thought maybe having been coming to these threads so often lately and therefore starting to 'know' a few people that maybe I should come clean about my dirty little cancer secret :P ... and of course to say that it will be great to have to back and well ASAP (I've certainly benefited from the film knowledge in your threads)

take care!

nick

• Site Sponsor
Best of luck to both of you in your recoveries!

My upstairs neighbor is going in for breast cancer in a few days, she's 33, cancer is a insidious and difficult to understand disease, it never seems fair. Modern meds have yielded some amazing results....Best wishes.

Houllahan

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
John,

I see you come around the forums quite often again. Am I right thinking you are better off, now ?

My Best Whishes

I just finished another round of IV chemotherapy to hopefully slow the inoperable cancer, which has caused partial obstruction of my small intestine. So far, the side effects are tolerable, mostly fatigue. I am mostly on a liquid diet, but can tolerate a small amount of solid food like soft boiled egg and well-chewed sausage. If I overdo the food intake, I can get painful cramps due to the obstruction. When I am feeling good, I like to keep up with my friends on the Internet groups. On good days, I still can drive short distances like to the pharmacy or grocery store.

For now, I am on disabilty leave from Kodak since last September, when the cancer was first diagnosed in my appendix.

Nice to hear from you John. Hang in there.

My "3 year old" niece has just recovered from a cancer in her right kidney. Her positive attitude has been her cure really, and that's what all doctors have told us. Although she didn't know much of what was going on, but I believe if you keep fighting you'll end up winning the battle.

We are all missing you.

• Premium Member
I just finished another round of IV chemotherapy to hopefully slow the inoperable cancer, which has caused partial obstruction of my small intestine. So far, the side effects are tolerable, mostly fatigue. I am mostly on a liquid diet, but can tolerate a small amount of solid food like soft boiled egg and well-chewed sausage. If I overdo the food intake, I can get painful cramps due to the obstruction. When I am feeling good, I like to keep up with my friends on the Internet groups. On good days, I still can drive short distances like to the pharmacy or grocery store.

For now, I am on disabilty leave from Kodak since last September, when the cancer was first diagnosed in my appendix.

John,

So nice to see you posting. We all miss you. I hope things improve for you, you are in our thoughts. Sending positive energy your way.

-Tim

• Premium Member

I'm glad to read the situation is almost stabilized and under control, and that you seem to be strong enough to stand this sad situation.

It's really great to see you "keep up with your friends on the Internet groups".

I admire your courage.

Respectfull regards. Keep on being strong. Everyone here seems to support you. This community should thank you for supporting it as well, as you so well do.