having a hard time loading Krasnogorsk-3

Stewart Munro

hey there i just got a Krasnogorsk-3 and im really having a hard time loading it!

are there any videos online that i could get that will help me please?

i can get it all the in but when it time for the film to come out the other end

it just gjams up1please help!ive looked at this but i dont know what im doing wrong!

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/16m...film-manual.htm

hey there i just got a Krasnogorsk-3 and im really having a hard time loading it!

are there any videos online that i could get that will help me please?

i can get it all the in but when it time for the film to come out the other end

it just gjams up1please help!ive looked at this but i dont know what im doing wrong!

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/16m...film-manual.htm

Load it manually as per Olex's instructions.

I had this exact same problem with my K3's before I upgraded to my arri, just had to throw that it, lol.

I don't want to step on anyones toes, especially olex's awesome instructions, but try using the auto-load with the pressure plate IN the camera when you feed it. Set it at around 8fps and then slowly push the head of the film in, with the camera running and it should thread up. My k3's never loaded correctly with the auto-load unless the pressure plate was in.....whenever I took it out, it always jammed.

My two cents,

kirk

• Premium Member

Loading a K3 is really a feel thing... it took me about 10 rolls to get comfortable with it. And even then, if I haven't done it for a while, it's not easy.

Mine doesn't have the loop formers so my experience would be different if yours still has the autoload feature. I haven't looked at anyone else's instructions so mine might be close to Olex's.

1) Set the speed really low, like 8, push it into the top feeder slowly then press the button

2) feed about 5 inches through

3) Make the top loop, pull back the pressure plate and slide the film down into it.

4) Then I hold the film on either side of the gate/pressure plate, pulling back and down towards the presure plate and wiggling until the perfs catch on the notches.

5) Make the bottom loop and feed into the bottom feeder (sorry I don't have the correct terms).

6) Advance the film slowly and insert into the bottom reel with the reel not in the camera, THEN put the reel into the camera and advance a little more until it sounds ok.

By the way, I just picked up a Scoopic MS and I was BLOWN AWAY by how EASY it is to load. Just push the film a little ways into the mechanism, press the button, and viola! Instantly threaded film. I'll have to see the test reel to make sure it loads ok without scratches, but I'm looking forward to using this camera!

I had this exact same problem with my K3's before I upgraded to my arri, just had to throw that it, lol.

I don't want to step on anyones toes, especially olex's awesome instructions, but try using the auto-load with the pressure plate IN the camera when you feed it. Set it at around 8fps and then slowly push the head of the film in, with the camera running and it should thread up. My k3's never loaded correctly with the auto-load unless the pressure plate was in.....whenever I took it out, it always jammed.

My two cents,

kirk

I am the current new owner of one of Kirk's K3's and the auto load wasn't perfect, it worked great up until the film would get to the bottom side of the drive sprocket. I did run it through at 8 fps and what I did was I "caught" the film after it came out of the bottom of the pressure plate and before it entered the bottom of drive sprocket. Then I would run it a little bit more, but NOT letting it go through the drive sprocket. Then I would open up the lower keeper and then set the film in between the keeper and the sprocket making sure the sprocket holes caught the teeth of the drive sprocket, then I'd close the keeper and run it through like normal. Seems like alot , but I managed to load the camera pretty quickly and smoothly. However, the camera is currently in Du All Camera's hands getting an overhaul and the mentioned pro upgrade. I'll post the results when I get the camera back.