Ashim

Color Connundrum

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a great book/website to learn about colors and their psychological and emotional

impact. There is a great book, An Introduction to Color, though it is unavailable.

I am just so keen on colors because I feel that the lighting just wont work if the colors arent right....

Any tips or suggestions regarding the same are most welcome.

Thanks

Can anyone suggest a great book/website to learn about colors and their psychological and emotional impact.

You might have a look at the following link for some information on esthetic uses of color:

http://www.rosco.com/includes/technotes/fi...lor_Filters.pdf

It's directed towards a theatrical lighting designer audience, not film/video work, but it's still useful and highly informative.

I haven't found any decent info on the web, despite a good few in-depth searches, but if you don't mind spending a few bucks (well, probably *quite* a few bucks, as these are all rather expensive!) then:

The "standard text" on the issue is "Colour and Human Response" by Faber Birren (ISBN: 0-471-28864-0)

You might also want to check out "Theory of Colours" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (old school but very interesting) and, of course, any books by Him - Vittorio Storaro (I think part 2 of "Writing with Light" is Colour)....

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a great book/website to learn about colors and their psychological and emotional

impact. There is a great book, An Introduction to Color, though it is unavailable.

I am just so keen on colors because I feel that the lighting just wont work if the colors arent right....

Any tips or suggestions regarding the same are most welcome.

Thanks

There you go -- try this one. I haven't read it, but I've been meaning to -- let me know if it's any good.

http://www.amazon.com/Purple-Someones-Gonn...g/dp/0240806883