Canon XM2 vs. Panasonic DVX100

James W

Hello!

I'm due to be shooting a small 3 minute clip in november

We've got two possible camera that we can use: Canon XM2 and the Panasonic DVX100.

I'm interested in any general comments, ideas and advice before I opt for either one.

Thanks!

dont even bother....the dvx100 is far far more capable camera. gl2...or xm2 (pal version) are well...I cant say much good about them....they shoot only interelaced video, (they do have "frame mode" but thats not very good) and they allow no where near the picture control the dvx will allow. Take some time and learn to use the dvx100 you wont be dissapointed....they dont even make gl2s anymore do they?....consider that the gl2 was a 1700 "prosumer" camera the dvx100 is a 3400$ proffesional camera...not that the terms or money really matter but the camera does cost more for a reason.

I guessed that would be the case. I did some internet research after my posting (maybe I should have done it the other way around?) and I think that for the progressive video alone it's worth it?

What are opinions out there about the lenses on the DVX100 or XM2?

I guessed that would be the case. I did some internet research after my posting (maybe I should have done it the other way around?) and I think that for the progressive video alone it's worth it?

What are opinions out there about the lenses on the DVX100 or XM2?

its all video so the pitcture sharpeness isnt noticablly diffrent with either, but the dvx lens is wider...and it is leica....the canon goes longr but its unnecssary for most uses. 20x zoom is alot.....4.5-45 should cover you