Get a leaf to fall on cue

Not really sure where else to put this, so here I go:

I'm trying to get a shot this weekend where I'm on a leaf hanging from a tree, and it falls to the ground. The camera is going to be on the leaf while it's hanging, and it follows it down to the ground. I've been thinking of ways for this leaf to look attached, and then fall after hanging for about 20 seconds. I'm not really sure how to accomplish this. I've thought of sticking a small/weak piece of clear tape to the leaf stem, attaching it to the tree, and then having a really thin piece of fishing line to pull the two apart and let the fishing line fall with the leaf.....Any other suggestions? This is all I got at the moment. I'm sure there is a better way.

Edited by Andrew Jackson

that's a good idea, but I'm not really sure what that adhesive would be or where I would get it

Have the leaf tied on with a thin thread. Have the thread touching a bare electric wire that will heat up when the switch is thrown, like what's used for launching solid fuel model rockets.

Since Homeland Security has the rockets grounded, you might find a launching igniter cheap.

I think the cheapest way that would look the best would probably be to take a sewing needle (the very thin type with a tiny hole on the end). Attatch a fishing line to it and use the needle to stick the leaf to the branch. Then cut the needle so all the excess is gone and you cant see the needle. On cue pull the string so the needle will slide out and the leaf would fall.

Make sure there is no wind so the leaf doesnt take some erratic path when you try to follow it with your camera.

Zamir