What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

James Steven Beverly

I had a thread going about Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and some of us thought it was good even though it was 1st or 2nd on the "Worst Movies of All Times" list which led me to ask the question, "If this isn't THAT bad, what is?" so what's the worst movie you ever saw? Feel free to vent and elaborate if you want to. As for me, I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head which means they were eather so bad that my brain chose to erase the expirence from my conciousness as a means of self preservation or the drugs I did in the 70s really WERE bad for me. So I leave it up to you, tell me what you think. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Guru. the Mad Monk' It's possible there are worse Andy Milligin movies. That's the only one I've seen.

'Vlad Tepes', a 1979 Romanian 'epic'.

It took me three sittings to get through it.

Obviously big budget from the number of costumed extras and megawatts of lighting on the total fill bounce light huge interiors, shot with an anamorphic zoom.

But other wise feels like a quickie with lots of propaganda.

Arch Oblers 'The Bubble' also took three sittings to get through.

You're right about the brain erasing the truly bad movies with natutal cannabinoids.

• Premium Member

Jack Frost 2 was without question the dumbest movie I've ever seen. It is Halloween, maybe it will be on tonight!

Good call with the MST3K films. I can't imagine the movies Joel sat through in order to find "material" for that show.

For me it was Grosse Pointe Blank. So freaking dull and pretentious. It was the only movie I ever walked out of from the theatre. Could only take 20 minutes of it.

WOW! :blink: Congradulations! If that is the worst movie you've ever seen, it is truely a blessed life you live...Prepositional phrase, oh well. :lol:

You should try and sit through some of the crap we've seen... :blink:

BTW, I'm gonna check out INCHON. Great LC!

• Premium Member

I remember getting very upset watching "batman and Robin" as I realised what an awful mistake everyone involved had created. I'd rank it as my worst due to the sheer waste of potential.

Worst britfilm? its harder to think of a good one but the Lock-stock rippoffs that are STILL being made are always a good laugh. . .

I'd forgotten 'Where were you the night the lights went out?'

Everyone expects cheap exploitation movies to be bad.

This was MGM, Doris Day, Metrocolor and Panavision. So one expects mediocrity.

But this one so depressed me. I'm sitting in the theatre questioning the very worth of cinema itself.

It wasn't just that the Panavision was framed for TV.

The over all mediocrity was so mindnumbing.

Capt.Vid, thanks alot for making me remember.

By the way is anyone else familiar with the ouvre of W.Lee Wilder, Billy's "dull son of a bitch" brother?

Strangely enough W.Lee is actually William, while Billy is actually Samuel. Go figure.

I'd forgotten 'Where were you the night the lights went out?'

Everyone expects cheap exploitation movies to be bad.

This was MGM, Doris Day, Metrocolor and Panavision. So one expects mediocrity.

But this one so depressed me. I'm sitting in the theatre questioning the very worth of cinema itself.

It wasn't just that the Panavision was framed for TV.

The over all mediocrity was so mindnumbing.

Capt.Vid, thanks alot for making me remember.

By the way is anyone else familiar with the ouvre of W.Lee Wilder, Billy's "dull son of a bitch" brother?

Strangely enough W.Lee is actually William, while Billy is actually Samuel. Go figure.

A studio made a BAD movie that was filled with mediocrity and was completely mindnumbing! Unbelievable!!!! :D Sorry about bring up painful memories but I feel a duty to remind filmmakers what it's like to have to sit through a bad movie so THEY WON'T DO THAT to their audiences. Hopefully, then when someone suggests you add a giant mechanical spider to your script, you'll tell 'em that's the dumdest idea you've ever heard. B)

• Premium Member

I was tempted to go see Catwoman, dedication to all things Gotham-based, but chickened out.

Is it really that bad!!!

Of course the shame of many of these is that their DoP's have often produced the highest quality work but that it will be taken for naught.