What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

James Steven Beverly

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tempted to go see Catwoman, dedication to all things Gotham-based, but chickened out.

Is it really that bad!!!

Of course the shame of many of these is that their DoP's have often produced the highest quality work but that it will be taken for naught.

Halli Berry in a leather catsuit with a whip fighting Sharon Stone. Who cares if the movie is good B)

There is something amazingly seductive about truly mangled films like ?Creeping Unknown? or ?Spider Island?. For me they are grotesquely entertaining. It?s big budgeted films that are so uninspired and insipid that makes me crazy.

In a funny way they are very similar. On one hand you have clueless, talent less, and moneyless film makers stumbling their way to sub par performance. Their own lack of vision and skill drives them to failure. On the other hand you have very talented filmmakers with all the money and all the resources on a project that is so huge and unwieldy that it turns into an out of control semi truck on ice. Once control is lost it slowly but inexorably slides to its own destruction.

• Premium Member
The first short film I ever made. What was I thinking.

I don't show it to anybody. I still have a copy of it. I don't know why...it's just taking up space.

I've got one in a can in my office closet that I don't think I could bring myself to look at again, but early films are like children, even the worst one is still your kid.

early films are like children, even the worst one is still your kid.

Haha, I love all my films and stand by them viciously. Especially the early "Floatie Powers," "Nature Calls," and "Long One-Take Fight Scene I and II," some big hit smash-hit hit-blockbuster hits. I'm going to complie a criterion collection of all of them some day; I estimate I've got over 3 hours of old short VHS-C movies. They're all a blast to watch, but only with the other people who I made them with.

• Premium Member
"The Room". It's so bad, and so fascinating in so many ways, that it's almost a must see.

I've heard it's got a Rocky Horror type cult thing going for it. I've heard it's horrible. A few A.C. friends of mine worked on it.....they were not amused.

As for my #1 choice....well, I'm too embarrassed to say because I shot it! Yes, it really is that bad.

I've only every walked out of one movie in my life....Clerks 2. What a waste of film. I like Kevin Smith, but come on! I hope the payday was worth it.

Another movie I hated was Kill Bill I. I still want my money back! What a waste of talent and time. It looks great, and there is some incredible steadicam, but geez, I wanted to wring Tarantino's neck! And to have a part II! How much more self-indulgent can you be? I know some people love this film, but none of them have ever been able to explain why. I could go on and on about that one, but I'll spare you.

I've heard it's got a Rocky Horror type cult thing going for it. I've heard it's horrible. A few A.C. friends of mine worked on it.....they were not amused.

As for my #1 choice....well, I'm too embarrassed to say because I shot it! Yes, it really is that bad.

I've only every walked out of one movie in my life....Clerks 2. What a waste of film. I like Kevin Smith, but come on! I hope the payday was worth it.

Another movie I hated was Kill Bill I. I still want my money back! What a waste of talent and time. It looks great, and there is some incredible steadicam, but geez, I wanted to wring Tarantino's neck! And to have a part II! How much more self-indulgent can you be? I know some people love this film, but none of them have ever been able to explain why. I could go on and on about that one, but I'll spare you.

At the top of my list. and God knows I'll watch anything if just to narrow in on one aspect ( lighting, direction etc. ) is Terms of endearment ( or was that engagment? ). That puke inducing hook of a fatal illness actually got me to get up and walk out of the theater. I still shudder at what a waste of money and talent not to mention what an incredibly rude thing to do to the lens and camera.

• Premium Member
"The Room". It's so bad, and so fascinating in so many ways, that it's almost a must see.

LOL... there's a huge billboard advertising this film on a building on Highland Avenue just south of Sunset Blvd. Seems like it's been up there forever.

Brickfilms.com has a wonderful vomiting emoticon.

Does anyone know how to get it up.

i think the green one already here is fine but its only available for thread and post headers.. not in the text body itself .. prob just need an adjustment of the invision forum code

"The Avengers" with Uma Thurman, Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery. Such a horrible film, the #1 worst theatre experience I've ever had. I loved the original television show, and the previews for the film looked great, but then I found myself nay-entertained.

"Undercover Brother" is another horrid film

Edited by Jonathan Bowerbank

Alone in the dark. what a load of crap. only movie ive walked out on.

I gotta second that one. That was a horrible piece of garbage. I expecially loved the cheesy song during the love scene. And Tara Reid as a scientist, how can you go wrong there? I forget the exact line she says at one point, but I think it's when she says 'Newfoundland' but pronounces it New Found Land like it's 3 words or something.

Actually anything that Uwe Boll does is pretty much a joke in my book. It's a toss up between Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead. My favorite parts in House of the Dead is the dolly shot that reveals the end of the track of the jumping zombie and you can see the swing board things. Also the bullet time shots apparently were done at a different time because they suddenly all had different weapons and clothes.

Edited by Keith Kline

• Premium Member

Worst films I have ever saw consists of:

1) Cannonball Run 2

2) Emmanuella- First Contact

3) Karate Kid III <- like to apoligize as "The Next Karate Kid" was much worse

4) Any Kevin Smith film outside of the original Clerks

5) Lost in Translation

6) Ernest goes to Camp

7) Butterfly Effect 2

8) Anaconda

9) Mulletville

10) Blair Witch Project

BUT, the worst film I have ever watched was my first short. Talk about total garbage.

"Undercover Brother" is another horrid film

I LOVED Undercover Brother, Denise Richards dressed in tight white leather fighting Aunjanue Ellis in the shower. I reiterate, who cares if the movie was good! +the scene of the guys pulling up chairs and popcorn to watch the girls fight in slowmo was classic! :lol: