What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

James Steven Beverly

There ya go! That's the kind of response I wanted to here. B)

You want a response, I'll give some more. :D

Grease 2 - Doesn't have any of the innocent charm of the '50s, the talent simply isn't (bar Didi Conn, perhaps), the songs simply weren't period, I'm sure I heard a synth or two in there, and they didn't let Bill Butler in to weave his magic, if they had I would have in one way at least, enjoyed this film.

Show Boat - Too peachy and happy, the three strip technicolour got to be a little hard on the eyes at some point, but for it's time the camera work was first rate.

Jurassic Park 2 & 3 - Both are simply hopeless sequels to an incredible movie, they rely too heavily on VFX, exhibit grealty overused storylines, and one reminds me of Karl Borowski.

Can you guess which one?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want a response, I'll give some more. :D

Grease 2 - Doesn't have any of the innocent charm of the '50s, the talent simply isn't (bar Didi Conn, perhaps), the songs simply weren't period, I'm sure I heard a synth or two in there, and they didn't let Bill Butler in to weave his magic, if they had I would have in one way at least, enjoyed this film.

Show Boat - Too peachy and happy, the three strip technicolour got to be a little hard on the eyes at some point, but for it's time the camera work was first rate.

Jurassic Park 2 & 3 - Both are simply hopeless sequels to an incredible movie, they rely too heavily on VFX, exhibit grealty overused storylines, and one reminds me of Karl Borowski.

Can you guess which one?

Thoses were thoughtful, well articulated and except for the unnessesary comment about Karl, opiniions expressed in a completely adult mannor. Matthew, this is a side of you, you should endevour to show more. It will certainly garner you more respect on this board and I would wager in your personal life as well. Keep it up! B)

Thoses were thoughtful, well articulated and except for the unnessesary comment about Karl, opiniions expressed in a completely adult mannor. Matthew, this is a side of you, you should endevour to show more. It will certainly garner you more respect on this board and I would wager in your personal life as well. Keep it up! B)

Yes! I should show my more adult side (which is my real side, if this were a conference room instead of an online forum you wouldn't get all my comedy) rather than being the eccentric all the time. :D

My apologies about the Karl Borowski remark, I was thinking back through those films when I remembered those incredible anamatronic T-Rex shots. I imediately thought of Karl Borowski's posts designed with the sole intention of driving me into a Phil Phodes style depression rut.

Yes! I should show my more adult side (which is my real side, if this were a conference room instead of an online forum you wouldn't get all my comedy) rather than being the eccentric all the time. :D

My apologies about the Karl Borowski remark, I was thinking back through those films when I remembered those incredible anamatronic T-Rex shots. I imediately thought of Karl Borowski's posts designed with the sole intention of driving me into a Phil Phodes style depression rut.

No need to explain why you said it, the apology is enough, and the most adult thing to do. Keep it up and let's see that super 8 masterpiece you've been working on. I'd like to see if there's any pointers I can empart to you as I'm sure everyone else would love to help you with it as well. 15 is a tough age. Don't let things get to you so easily. At least you've decided what you want to do with your life and that puts you miles ahead of most of your contempararies. Feel good about your decision and try to make as many friends in this profession as you can. It can only help you achieve your dream. For what it's worth. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

No need to explain why you said it, the apology is enough, and the most adult thing to do. Keep it up and let's see that super 8 masterpiece you've been working on. I'd like to see if there's any pointers I can empart to you as I'm sure everyone else would love to help you with it as well. 15 is a tough age. Don't let things get to you so easily. At least you've decided what you want to do with your life and that puts you miles ahead of most of your contempararies. Feel good about your decision and try to make as many friends in this profession as you can. It can only help you achieve your dream. For what it's worth. B)

That is some of the most energetic and touching advice I have ever been given. :)

I may well have some question to run by you soon. I think I may have many of the technical problems licked at the moment, there is still the worry of using 40 ASA stock in a shady dene where I'll be shooting some of the most central scenes to the plot. Because of that I will probably invest in a Beaulieu 1028 XL60, known for it's brilliant low light capabilities.

I have barely even touched upon the creative aspects of 'Sacred Mushroom', I simply been too busy ironing out the technical trouble.

The principal photography on this film probably won't take place till April or May, I neeed to be totally sure of green trees and bright sunny late mornigs/early afternoons (Global Warming may work in my favour here), if I don't have exactly what I want I may have to delay further, it would be best for this production, I'm not going to be able to make too many of these for reasons of expense.

I'm also investing in a Mini DV camcorder of some sort so that I can produce more cost effective shorts as well as these more artistic 8mm films.

Perhaps I'm becoming a bit carried away with myself, this is my first film, so I shouldn't expect the earth.

-Kind Regards. ;)

That is some of the most energetic and touching advice I have ever been given. :)

I may well have some question to run by you soon. I think I may have many of the technical problems licked at the moment, there is still the worry of using 40 ASA stock in a shady dene where I'll be shooting some of the most central scenes to the plot. Because of that I will probably invest in a Beaulieu 1028 XL60, known for it's brilliant low light capabilities.

I have barely even touched upon the creative aspects of 'Sacred Mushroom', I simply been too busy ironing out the technical trouble.

The principal photography on this film probably won't take place till April or May, I neeed to be totally sure of green trees and bright sunny late mornigs/early afternoons (Global Warming may work in my favour here), if I don't have exactly what I want I may have to delay further, it would be best for this production, I'm not going to be able to make too many of these for reasons of expense.

I'm also investing in a Mini DV camcorder of some sort so that I can produce more cost effective shorts as well as these more artistic 8mm films.

Perhaps I'm becoming a bit carried away with myself, this is my first film, so I shouldn't expect the earth.

-Kind Regards. ;)

The definition of an independent, low budget filmmaker is to do the best with what you've got. No one is ever satisfied with their work otherwise why would they strive to do better? Just do't give up. Do something every single day to make this film happen even if it's just to scribble down a thought about one scene. In the end it come together. There's a kind of magic at work when someone is dedicated and refuses to quit. Don't worry about wheather it's good or bad just make it your's, something that means something to you. If you do there will be other people that will respond to that power within it. Good filmmaking is always personal and the best filmmaking is intensely personal. As the Nike commercial says "Just Do It".

The definition of an independent, low budget filmmaker is to do the best with what you've got. No one is ever satisfied with their work otherwise why would they strive to do better? Just do't give up. Do something every single day to make this film happen even if it's just to scribble down a thought about one scene. In the end it come together. There's a kind of magic at work when someone is dedicated and refuses to quit. Don't worry about wheather it's good or bad just make it your's, something that means something to you. If you do there will be other people that will respond to that power within it. Good filmmaking is always personal and the best filmmaking is intensely personal. As the Nike commercial says "Just Do It".

Hmm, well. I suppose I am happy with anythng just about now.

You see, I don't actually know my absolute full potential, that waits to be seen, I could thouroughly dissapoint myself or I could be doing a Gene Kelly down my street in the middle of the night.

And that's what's so exciting about this stage in my career, the pure anticipation, not knowing just what'll come back from Mr. Andec. :)

• 1 month later...
Michael Mann's "Miami Vice".

Yeah I've heard that's terrible. I guess I should see it then :P

Uggh, worst movie? Probably...i mean DEFINITELY

TRANSPORTER 2. omg the most terrible high-budget production EVER! wow

gaahh I was so disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Australian 16mm production in 1988 called "Zombie Bragade" directed by a guy called Barrie Patterson. fortunatly it was never released.

ummm anything with micheal york? I cannot remember one good film with him in it, just some absolute stinkers.

Highlander 2 and beyond :blink:

• Premium Member
ummm anything with micheal york? I cannot remember one good film with him in it

Sure there are some good films: "Romeo and Juliet", "Jesus of Nazareth", "Cabaret", "Murder on the Orient Express", "The Three Musketeers", "The Four Musketeers"

• 1 month later...

Breakin' was pretty awful. As an added "bonus", Jean-Claude Van Damme is an uncredited extra in a scene at Venice Beach. This movie is just plain wrong on so many levels. Anyone who has seen it recently will know what I'm talking about. There are certain fashion trends from the 80's that need never be revived...

"ummm anything with micheal york? I cannot remember one good film with him in it"

'Logans Run' was good!

Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet"

"Cabaret"

"The Three Musketeers"

"Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery"

"Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me"

and that's just for starters! :blink:

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
Elephant... Gus Van Sant's masterpeice... Then again, I don't watch a whole lot of low budget, or expertamental films either. I'm mainly a hollywood-film watcher. So my opinion of Elephant as the worst movie I ever seen could be because I don't watch that many movies that are artsy, experamental or really really low budget.

Then again, maybe Its not BAD, maybe I just dont care for movies that do nothing but follow people around all day. It's more boring than watching paint dry.

Yes, this is the measurement of a bad movie, one that is made by somebody who is known to be able to make good

movies and does something disastrous. It's been said to me that I simply don't get it but I think that I do. I

understand

that shocking occurrences can explode in seconds and be over fast in a world that is usually ordinary and perhaps

tedious but showing me that tedium for most of the movie does not make the violent denoument pay off more than

would say, a story.

I'll grant the filmmakers some respect for daring to follow their vision, but following people around doing nothing

is just boring although I did enjoy counting how long those long shots would last.

How the heck did this thing win at Cannes?