Any news on Kinetta?

Gunleik Groven

As there have happened some considerable development in the HD-Video (read SI/Dalsa/Panavision, the high-speed recording camera + other developing companies) , the access to CCDs/CMOS chips seems to be better.

How does this influence this project?

Gunleik

Last I heard they were having problems with the supply of a 4k chip.

• 5 months later...
Last I heard they were having problems with the supply of a 4k chip.

i wish them all the best, but with red & dalsa in the markets now, it will be already more than hard for the longtime mayor players to sail the coming digital hurricane.... and niche players a la kinetta will have a impossible mission without sustained and massive financial backup.

however, would kinetta have been able to deliver, they would have had a killerproduct.

but i suppose it seems another american company now is about to fullfill what kinetta dreamed of.

• Premium Member

It's too bad because I got to handhold the Kinetta prototype and it was ergonomically designed by a documentary shooter -- that aspect was well thought-out. Also Jeff Krienes added an interesting feature: an old-fashioned (from video's early days) "bias light", basically a low-level internal lightbulb (maybe an LED) on a dimmer that flashed the sensor to increase exposure in the low-end areas, a little like flashing a negative.