Arriflex 16S/B Camera Package, Zeiss 10-100 T* T3.1

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

Coming soon to an eBay near you. The auction starts tomorrow night (Sunday November 12th) at 7PM PST.

Arriflex 16S/B Camera Package, Zeiss 10-100 T* T3.1

I'm selling my Arriflex 16S/B camera package. The camera has just had a complete rebuild. Taken apart down to the last nut and bolt, everything ultrasonically cleaned, reassembled with all the original ARRI factory lubricants and set back to ARRI factory specs.

Mechanically and optically the camera is in perfect condition. Cosmetically I would say it's in pretty good condition with some wear and rubbing of the painted surfaces.

This is the 16S/B version of the camera so it will take professional motion picture camera lenses with the ARRI bayonet mount. These include the Zeiss Super Speeds and the Zeiss 10-100 T2 Mk1 and Mk2 zooms.

The package includes the Zeiss 10-100 T* T3.1 zoom lens. The T* means the lens has the special Zeiss optical coating. It is very sharp. This camera and lens were used to shoot some of the sample footage posted on the www.Arri16S.com web site. You can see the footage shot with this camera and this lens at the web pages below:

Camera and lens set at 100mm, wide open.

Camera and lens set at 50mm, wide open.

Camera and lens set at 25mm, wide open.

A few things to note. The camera has the later model eyepiece and still has the viewfinder eyepiece light cover door (many of these have gone missing over the years). The rubber coupling that connects the motor to the internal drive on the camera was replaced in the rebuild (these wear out and get dry rotted, causing the motor to slip and mess up your frame rate and exposure). The camera is one of the later models with a serial number higher than 15,000, which means ARRI INC in New York will still service the camera (they will no longer service cameras with serial numbers below 15,000).

The Arriflex 16 S/B Camera package includes:

-Arriflex 16 S/B Camera Body serial # 1551X.

-Zeiss 10-100 T* T3.1 zoom lens w/front and rear lens caps, serial # 561667X.

-Arriflex 16S/B power cord with 4-pin XLR

-Arriflex 16S/B variable speed motor (8 or 12 volt)

Starting bid: $99.00 with no reserve.

eBay auction for Arriflex 16S/B Camera Package (this link will become active Sunday Night November 12th at 7PM Pacific Time, sorry for any confusion)

BigCam.jpg

-Tim

• Premium Member
Hi Tim,

The link does not work.

Stephen

Stephen,

The auction does not go live until tomorrow night, so after 7PM PST Sunday November 12th, the link goes live.

I know that is kind of screwy, but that is how it worked out with eBay. Sorry for the confusion.

-Tim

• Premium Member
Tim,

Looks like a beautiful specimen. Makes me miss my ARRI.

- nathan

Thanks Nathan. It's a humming little camera. Sorry to see it go, but I still got my 1957 S and I need to make room for a certain Frenchie, if you know what I mean. :)

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...