Good shoes for the set

Matt Graff

I wear Wal-Mart brand velcro shoes-- super cheap, very comfortable, light-weight, simple. If you're the kind of person who is likely to tear your shoes apart on set, you should check these out. They cost about $10 so you can really wear them down and not feel bad about it. They're made by Athletic Works. If you have a sense of humor, you will probably be into these shoes.

I wear New Balance. I've never had much soreness in my feet even after long days wearing them unless I spent half the day on a ladder. It's pretty common to find sales on New Balance at a 'two for one' or 'buy the second pair for half price' sale, which is nice because I like to keep two pairs in case one gets wet or exceptionally mucky and there's not time to wash them before the next shooting day. They're not great in the cold, though, even with wool socks (at least not in Michigan winter) - the toes get cold. But comfort wise, especially if you have wide feet and/or bad arches, I haven't found a better shoe in that price range.