Miller 'F' Fluid Head Fluid Replenishment

Guest Glenn Brady

Guest Glenn Brady

I've got a Miller 'F' fluid head that has insufficient damping in the panning action, presumably because of a loss of fluid. I'm reasonably competent mechanically, but I've not disassembled this fluid head to the extent I assume is necessary to replenish the fluid. Is this a DIY task? What kind of fluid is needed and where can I obtain it? Any help will be appreciated.

I've got a Miller 'F' fluid head that has insufficient damping in the panning action, presumably because of a loss of fluid. I'm reasonably competent mechanically, but I've not disassembled this fluid head to the extent I assume is necessary to replenish the fluid. Is this a DIY task? What kind of fluid is needed and where can I obtain it? Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Glenn.

I apologize in advance for using your post as an example.

There is a growing misconception of what Grips are responsible for.

This post about Fluid Head Maintenance and a separate post about Panahead maintenance are not relevant to what Grips do. Those things fall under camera equipment and are usually handled by maintenance/repair technicians at rental houses.

There have been other posts that address issues which fall under Post Production Effects.

It makes me question if anyone on this forum has a clear idea of what Grips do.

Who are the grips on this forum?

Tshaka