looking for a front surface mirror

Kevin Halverson

I have a shot that I need to get from a very tight stunt plane cockpit. I want to use a mirror on the instrument panel and shoot down from above the canopy to get a shot of the pilots face. I am thinking that I need a front surface mirror for this. Does anyone know a source in the LA area to either purchase or rent this type of mirror? Ideally, we might need to purcase as we might need to have a glass shop cut it to fit the very limited space available.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kevin Halverson

DP, Los Angeles

• 9 years later...
  • Premium Member

Charles,

Good morning. What up? I don't really have an answer to your question. I just wanted to say hi. Um, but after a cursory search on the interwebs it looks like a purchase of a custom mirror is the best way. There are lots of mirror shops in town. The straight up mirror rentals all seems to be for weddings and events and they all have large decorative frames which probably doesn't help you.

Maybe a 4x4 mirror board from G&E that has been disassembled could work? Could the G&E house provide one? They have to repair and replace those things periodically so they must have a source....

Anyway, good luck and see you never.

f