Rebuild kits for O'Connor 100

James Steven Beverly

Hi Captain.

I don't think there is rebuilt kits, but you can still get indivisual parts needed from the manufacturer:

http://www.ocon.com/support/parts.html

There is engineering drawings on the site to identify and order each part by number:

http://www.ocon.com/fileadmin/user_upload/.../parts/100c.gif

Looks like a complex machine to tackle, and you got the counterbalance spring too.

Good luck if you tackle it.

I had one of these, and sold it. Regreted it ever since.

I just bought 2 of them. I was planning to use one for my Kinor and one for my Konvas when we shoot 2 cameras or second unit stuff. f your still pining for one I might be willing to part with one of mine. The Konvas dosen't need that heavy-duty of a head and I already have a Bogen that works with it. I was only considering rebuilding them because one leaks a little fluid ever once in a while (which I'm told is a common problem with these things) Let me know. B)

Wish they did have a kit. My 50 leaks and an overhaul is $1200+ last time I checked.

1200 BUCKS !!!!!????? PLUS!!!! F#@#$%%K THAT!!!!! I'll buy the G*d D#mned seals and put 'em in myself! If I can rebuild a 350 Chevy and it's carbrator, I can rebuild one of those peices of poop and if I can't I got guys that are mechanical genuises with everly tool know to mankind in their shops! 1200 dollars indeed! I'm insensed! I'm outraged I'm amazed ANYONE would have the B*LLS to quote you that kind of a price. How do they sleep at night, the little pr#cks! What do they do, dip the innereds in gold and have a stripper dance on the mother f#%ker!

BTW where do you get the fluid to refill your's when it leaks out? B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• Premium Member
BTW where do you get the fluid to refill your's when it leaks out? B)

Hi Capt.

About a year ago I called O'Connor to see about fluid for my 2nd 50D. They had it in stock - I remember it being a bit pricey but not $1200. I ended up trading it to Visual Products for a tripod and spreader I needed. It wasn't a real good 50D, it was a bit sticky in tilt, etc. I think I did okay since I kept the quick change plate, tripod handle adapter, and stole the best knobs for my good 50D.

How's the power supply issue with your Kinor coming? If you can give me voltage and current draw specs I can probably recommend some standard power supply bricks that'll run your camera just fine. There's a lot of very heavy duty supplies floating around in surplus and on eBay going for less than 10% of original price. I own 12 Strand Color Call scrollers in my theatrical lighting pile of equipment. I got them cheap since the production house that owned them had lost their cables and power supplies. I built power supplies for about $50 each including 24 volt 5 amp commercial brick supplies, connectors, switches, and a small metal tool box for a case. I'll bet if I had called Strand they'd have wanted around $750 for supplies - if they had them.

Hi Capt.

About a year ago I called O'Connor to see about fluid for my 2nd 50D. They had it in stock - I remember it being a bit pricey but not $1200. I ended up trading it to Visual Products for a tripod and spreader I needed. It wasn't a real good 50D, it was a bit sticky in tilt, etc. I think I did okay since I kept the quick change plate, tripod handle adapter, and stole the best knobs for my good 50D.

How's the power supply issue with your Kinor coming? If you can give me voltage and current draw specs I can probably recommend some standard power supply bricks that'll run your camera just fine. There's a lot of very heavy duty supplies floating around in surplus and on eBay going for less than 10% of original price. I own 12 Strand Color Call scrollers in my theatrical lighting pile of equipment. I got them cheap since the production house that owned them had lost their cables and power supplies. I built power supplies for about $50 each including 24 volt 5 amp commercial brick supplies, connectors, switches, and a small metal tool box for a case. I'll bet if I had called Strand they'd have wanted around $750 for supplies - if they had them.

Hey Hal, thanks! This is from the spec sheet: 14-21 volts dc; 16 optimal . I looked for the amp draw but haven't found it yet. I would IMAGINE it draws 7 to 12 amps but pf course that's just a quess as the Arri BL draws 7 amps and I would bet these Russian cameras probably draw a few more than the Arri's. I'll take a look at the O'Connor site and see how much the fluid runs. My DP says he might be able to do something about the leak in the one O'Connor that I have. I think I'm going to end up keeping both of mine in case I run a second unit on the shoot I'm planning. I also have NO DOUBT Stand would have charged you at least that. Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it, man. B)