Raw footage from a 16mm commercial I shot

Matt Frank

Here is some Raw footage quickly cut together. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The concept is a behind the scenes look at this doctor having a commercial done so we intentionally have lights and such in the shot. Give the link a minute or two to load.

Kodak 7218

Aaton LTR 7

Zeiss 10 - 100

Click Here

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Matt: Haven't you heard? You shouldn't be shooting 16mm any more because digital has made the format "obsolete". What were you thinking??? ;-)

Seriously though, nice looking footage. Looks like plenty of useable stuff in there. How are you going to lay out the final commercial? Also, how did you light the "behind the scenes" footage?

Thanks for the comments guys. LOL at 16mm being obsolete.

I shot with an 85 on for almost all the shots.

I used a variety or ARRI Fresnels (650 & 300) some were geled a full CTB some were left uncorrected. I used Arri 2k as the key light from up on a loading ramp out to the camera's right and there is a kino flo 4x2' bank on the pole you see in the shot providing some fill.

Also you see an Arri 1k open face with a chimera on it but that wasn't really aimed at anything, just a prop.

If I had more time/money I probably would have floated a light baloon to bring the overall level up the room up to a T4 or so, as it was with the 85 and my 2k I was at an ambient level of around T2.8

Yeah I agree that when she is looking at the camera it is a little creepy looking, but I also think it looks quite cool so maybe that will be more reel stuff rather than in the commercial :P

Thanks again for the kind words, I am really happy with how the shoot turned out.

• 3 weeks later...