HD and Cine Lenses

Tristan_Nieto

• Premium Member
Howdy all...

I've got an upcomming shoot for HD and was hoping to use the P+S technik adaptor and probably a kit of MKIII Zeiss Superspeeds. Has anyone had any experiences using any Cine lenses with the adaptor for HD?

I'm operating on a feature right now with the 900, Pro35 and Cooke S4's. My first day on the job the pro35 stopped working and we had to order a new one. But after that initial problem it's been fine. It's very simple and easy to use. I won't comment on the look since I'm not the DP and I've been looking through that crappy b/w viewfinder the whole time as opposed to seeing it on the HD monitor. They seem to be very happy with the look in video village though.

Brad

• Premium Member

Hi,

I'm considering doing exactly the same thing on something I may (you know how it is) have coming up. However, I wanted to try and find "lenses with character" - certainly nothing soft, but perhaps something that would have an interesting flare characteristic or something. Using a Pro35 with invisibly perfect lenses would seem to defeat part of the object.

Phil

• Premium Member

Take a look at the Panavision Flare lenses (made for Saving Private Ryan). The idea has been refined a bit more. Not to many exist, but they are around.

These have a totally different look to them out side of their flare characteristics (I am sure you know). But if this look suits your taste, and you like how they fare, could be a good match.

Kevin Zanit