Music Video

Music video for the Serbian band "Flamingosi"

Low budget, 2 days of shooting instead of 5.

XDCAM 530P

Pro35

Cooke S4/i set of prime lenses

Sony Vegas for editing, Combustion for final grade and compositing.

flamingosi feat karolina - ti i ja.mov

Edited by Aleksandar Bracinac

• Premium Member

The XDCAM / Pro-35 combination worked very well, I started to forget that it wasn't film.

You pulled a lot off in only two days, so I don't want to nitpick too much. My only criticism is that the lighting gets a little crude and overlit-looking sometimes, like at the bar.

Thank you for understanding and comment.

We had two days by 18-20hrs each without brakes. Unfortunately, I had not enough time to make a proper light for all scenes because I even didn't know which locations we have few hours before shooting.

About XDCAM, I have setup the camera to "straight" lowcon without any correction and I'm very satisfied with the picture. Of course it is not film, but I did color correction much easier than 35mm transfered via Phillips Quadra. I just tried not tu burn image even if I must underexpose it, bring it back in Combustion later and tried to make a film-look gamma for each scene and shot.

It's always brave to put out your work for others to critique.

There are some scenes that look good. I liked the tunnel. I agree with David that the bar is overlit, but that is usually my opinion on most music videos that do the bar scene. I am shooting a movie in HD and one of the benifits is that you can see what you get instantly. The director on the show I am working on commented yesterday that what he loved about HD is that he is basically looking at the answer print. Now you can push the image to the toe and shoulder having instant feedback where they lie.

This was shot in 2 days with a very low budget.. The bar scene is 1/4 into the movie:

http://www.claudiomiranda.com/alpine264.html

Also in presenting your movie make sure you allow it to download and view at the same time. On your video, you have to finish downloading before you can view it. That is why David was having trouble viewing.