Marking Focus on a DVX

Nicholas Jenkins

Someone may have already posted this, but I searched and didn't find anything. Does anyone have a crafty idea for marking different focal lengths on that weird, slanted, focus ring on the DVX? On the XL2 we used rubber bands and it worked really well, but the only flat spot on the ring of the DVX is a bit too narrow fo that. I know I can actually use the read out of focal lenths in the viewfinder, but on dolly shots that's a challenge.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Someone may have already posted this, but I searched and didn't find anything. Does anyone have a crafty idea for marking different focal lengths on that weird, slanted, focus ring on the DVX? On the XL2 we used rubber bands and it worked really well, but the only flat spot on the ring of the DVX is a bit too narrow fo that. I know I can actually use the read out of focal lenths in the viewfinder, but on dolly shots that's a challenge.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

the micro35 camp has a focus kit for the dvx. have you thought about that?

the micro35 camp has a focus kit for the dvx. have you thought about that?

Well, $600 is a whole lot more than I was looking to spend. I was thinking of a good tape solution or something. But I didn't know those were out there so it's good info anyway. Thanks.

Edited by Nicholas Jenkins