New York sync camera rental

GeorgeSelinsky

I have once again come upon the temptation of renting a 35mm sync camera for a complicated shoot. I really just need the bare bones minimum for one day, an Arri BL 1 with a reasonably fast f2 lens and sticks will do the trick. I could even use my Cookes on it, so I don't have to rent the glass too. My Arri IIc would be there as a backup or even a B-unit camera, as we have a lot of extras to film. This is for this coming Sunday in NYC.

I have no insurance, and am on a killerly small hat in hand budget. I don't think any of the rental houses will be able to help us - they all carry BL-3's and nothing less than that, I guess it doesn't make any money for them to carry the older stuff. Back when I was in film school I remember there were places that could do deals with students, individual camera owners that would lease out their gear, but this was 16mm, and as they say in Russian "that was long ago and not true anyway".

Does anyone have any connections for the tristate area? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

- G.