liquid for visual effects

hello,

i'm looking for a special kind of liquid.

we want to make a blood effect, but a blood that we can "extract" from the film and manipulate to make it appear as we want in post ( change the color, the texture , ...)

do you know if there is a kind of highly reflective colored liquid (like "liquid scothlite" maybe) ?

does anyone here has any experience with this kind of trick ?

thanks

thomas

hello,

i'm looking for a special kind of liquid.

we want to make a blood effect, but a blood that we can "extract" from the film and manipulate to make it appear as we want in post ( change the color, the texture , ...)

do you know if there is a kind of highly reflective colored liquid (like "liquid scothlite" maybe) ?

does anyone here has any experience with this kind of trick ?

thanks

thomas

Thomas!!

with any postproduction software like shake, flame, after fx, inferno, etc you can use color range as keylight and change the hue, saturation and light of almost any color in the frame. so i dont think you need a special liquid.

David idea is good just take care with toxic products.

bye!

Treegan

hello,

i've just looked at the link.

seems to be a good idea. i think it may work efficiently.

i was looking for this kind of thing. some special dye that reacts with blacklight.

i was also thinking about the kind of paint the use in road signs. they re higly reflective, used with frontlight.

but your idea david seems a less toxic one since we have to use it directly on the actor.

just a word about what treegan said. wa have to use the "blood" in a pretty dark scene (strong backlight, hard contrast, pure blacks, ...think sin city) so we really have to get a strong vivid luminance for the liquid for the camera to see it and then be able to use it in post. hence the need to have a "phosporescent" kind of element.

thanks

thomas

just a word about what treegan said. wa have to use the "blood" in a pretty dark scene (strong backlight, hard contrast, pure blacks, ...think sin city) so we really have to get a strong vivid luminance for the liquid for the camera to see it and then be able to use it in post. hence the need to have a "phosporescent" kind of element.

thanks

thomas

Hi Thomas!!

think about blood in sin city, im not a DP but it seems like the photo in the set not have strong backlight, hard contrast, pure blacks as you want. it seems like all was shooted like a telecine best light and then they correct all in post.

so maybe that is th way. or look as you said for some"phosporescent" ink like reanimator, just take care with that cose the "phosporescent" element have light influence is the element near it... so youre gonna have a light blood and the fader of this light seems to be difficult to work in post with it.

bye!

Treegan

• 4 weeks later...