insert car accident while filming "invasion"

Alex Haspel

just found this while surfing the net in boredom:

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/2007/...ot-boo-boo.html

an insert car with what appear to be quite some some stuntmen on it looses control

going around a corner and crashes into a pole.

i found this video on some stupid celebrity gossip website, but i think their info

seems right, does'nt look like a planned stunt to me..

does anybody know something about this?

Awww, yes, but doesn't the wet street look so much nicer on film?! Ha ha!

Guess they didn't count on that during stunt rehearsals ;)

I hope they got the shot at least

Lifted from IMDb's trivia for the film:

While filming at the Chilean Embassy in Washington D.C., Nicole Kidman and 'Daniel Craig' were to drive a white SUV to the entrance, stop the car and allow valets to park it. Kidman forgot to place the car in park, and as she got out it began to roll down the hill. Craig swooped in from the passenger side and dove at the car, trying to hit the brake and stopping the disaster from proceeding, but instead hit the gas. A valet jumped in and hit the brake, luckily overriding the gas. This happened during heavy rain effects.

Edited by Jonathan Bowerbank

While filming at the Chilean Embassy in Washington D.C., Nicole Kidman and 'Daniel Craig' were to drive a white SUV to the entrance, stop the car and allow valets to park it. Kidman forgot to place the car in park, and as she got out it began to roll down the hill. Craig swooped in from the passenger side and dove at the car, trying to hit the brake and stopping the disaster from proceeding, but instead hit the gas. A valet jumped in and hit the brake, luckily overriding the gas. This happened during heavy rain effects.

that sounds like another accident than shown in the video.. maybe this production is cursed. or nicole kidman.

I REALLY hope they process that footage. . .

Says in the article that a stuntwoman was driving the car, so why would Nicole kidman have been in the vehicle, unless perhaps she was in the passenger side.

• Premium Member
While filming at the Chilean Embassy in Washington D.C., Nicole Kidman and 'Daniel Craig' were to drive a white SUV to the entrance, stop the car and allow valets to park it. Kidman forgot to place the car in park, and as she got out it began to roll down the hill. Craig swooped in from the passenger side and dove at the car, trying to hit the brake and stopping the disaster from proceeding, but instead hit the gas.

In England, would that have been the brake pedal?

• Premium Member
that sounds like another accident than shown in the video.. maybe this production is cursed. or nicole kidman.

Maybe there's a Wiccan "Fatwa" out on Nicole for her stunning performance in "Bewitched". :D

I REALLY hope they process that footage. . .

Says in the article that a stuntwoman was driving the car, so why would Nicole kidman have been in the vehicle, unless perhaps she was in the passenger side.

I believe said stuntwoman was driving the rig that was towing the car involved in the scene. Nicole Kidman was behind the wheel of the Jaguar in the scene so she'd be on camera.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-01-26/#3

I believe said stuntwoman was driving the rig that was towing the car involved in the scene. Nicole Kidman was behind the wheel of the Jaguar in the scene so she'd be on camera.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-01-26/#3

Towing. When I saw the clip on the local news the anchors said towing. Yet the car was obviously on a flatbed.

Reports in the papers all say towing. It must be in the official press release.

Shows how accuratate press releases are.