"Security camera" effect

If you have seen the movie "Firewall" (although many other action movies use this), then you will probably remember the quick scenes from a security camera POV and edited to have a fish-eye lens, interlaced, slow frame speed, etc. (Even the occasional "glitches" and scan lines)

So, equipped with Adobe's Premiere 2.0, After Effects 7, and Photoshop CS2, how could I pull this effect off with maximum authenticity? Any filters would be great, too.

Thanks!

Mike

If you have seen the movie "Firewall" (although many other action movies use this), then you will probably remember the quick scenes from a security camera POV and edited to have a fish-eye lens, interlaced, slow frame speed, etc. (Even the occasional "glitches" and scan lines)

So, equipped with Adobe's Premiere 2.0, After Effects 7, and Photoshop CS2, how could I pull this effect off with maximum authenticity? Any filters would be great, too.

Thanks!

Mike

Before you digitally manipulate your footage why not play it on a tv and shoot it off the screen first...

• 2 months later...
Before you digitally manipulate your footage why not play it on a tv and shoot it off the screen first...

yeah, and then adjust it to a low contrast b&w. Then maybe add a sort of oldness to the film. I know in Premiere you can do this, but just make it subtle.

Hope it works out!

Dan Goldberg