Andec Berlin

joby clegg

What do people think of Andec Filmtec in Berlin. I'm thinking of getting a lot of Vision 2 negative developed and scanned with them. How do their colour correction and prices compare with other labs?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Also, are there any other super 8 filmmakers form Berlin on this forum? I've been trying to get something together locally.

cheers,

joby

I have good experience for proccessing with Andec.

For scanning in berlin I would do it at http://www.screenshot-ag.com/ they do uncompressed direct to harddrive and have a mwa flashscan8

cheers, bernhard

Thanks for your advice.

According to this page Andec also has a flashscan, but only use it for colour reversal express telecine, using their cinetel flying spot for all negative and also for professional reversal telcine. From what I gathered the flashscan is inferior to a cinetel flying spot with a good colorist, especially for negative film. Am I wrong?

joby

Thanks for your advice.

According to this page Andec also has a flashscan, but only use it for colour reversal express telecine, using their cinetel flying spot for all negative and also for professional reversal telcine. From what I gathered the flashscan is inferior to a cinetel flying spot with a good colorist, especially for negative film. Am I wrong?

joby

sorry, didn't know Andec has a Rank for Super8, the last time I did something at andec is a while ago, maybe this service is new...

For telecine it's allways good to know the guy who does it and even better to be there when it's done. Some posthouses charge extra if you want be there...don't know how andec does..

For me the interesting part at screenshot was to be there while it's done and to have it uncompressed to harddrive..

cheers, bernhard

Edited by Bernhard Zitz

I used them once to have some 200T negative processed. When I recieved it back I was concerned to find that the head of the footage had been torn, it got worse once I hade it telecined and I discoverd that it had lost about 25 seconds of film.

So naturally, after having to reshoot those lost shots I used Todd A-O which charged about £40 for process/telecine.

Naturally I was a little annoyed. I'm very dissapointed that they don't even bother to put heads or tails on the reels.

But this is just my exprerience,

Andy