Your favourite Super 8...

Matthew Buick

Wow, that is a shame, would there be any possible way of "moding" it?

Hey, Matt

No problem. I took it apart once trying to acomplished that. I messed around with the posts but I eneded up frustrated and decided to move on. Maybe someone with more knowlegde can do it. Anyway, I still think it is a great camera, reliable, nice images and ergonomic.

Best regards,

Morales

strange that noone likes the bauer a512, the exposuretime automatisme is on of the greatest features I have ever seen on a super8 camera (and only this one has it) and the lens is the schneider 6-70, the same as on the beaulieu 2004 zm4.

this are the two cameras I prefer to work with.

Of couse the fujica zc1000 is even better, but thats single8.

daniel

The 109XL is also really nice, because it's small, but it has not the exposuretimeautomatism and the variable shutter (the bauer a512 has also the possibility tho make fades in camera, but I don't think this is very usefull), and it is not as small as a nizo 156macro.

I dont know the elmo.

When I was looking to buy a AGFA Movexoom 10, I thought it was a handsome camera.

Once I bought one and handled it... I think it's the best looking camera I've ever used! :D

It's funny to say (as a pacifist) but this camera feels "weapons grade". The pistol grip feels quite -- pistolish. The black matte finish, the heavy metal construction, the metal knurled lens... And the modern electronic controls. This camera is now 30 years old, and feels like it was designed and built last year. Aside from the newest Beaulieus, this has to be the most "non-retro" Super 8 cam out there.

I've only shot Tri-x with it so far, and projected it (sorry, no transfers.)

The lens was nice and sharp. (I have heard others compliment the lens on the Movexoom 10 and 6, that's the main reason I was interested in buying one.) The exposure meter was very accurate, and manual exposure was simple. Shooting 9 fps, I could get a lovely low-light image (of course you need a variable-speed projector to achieve "normal" playback of any action.) The electronic controls are crisp and sturdily constructed.

The only real drawback is that it doesn't automatically meter all the various stocks. You need to take your reading and compensate, or use a handheld meter.

OK, this is now officially driving me nuts. There is an 8mm camera that looks very futuristic and has a lens shade permanently attached to the lens - the whole thing comes off looking like a ray gun but I forget which camera it is lol)

Is it this (the bolex 155):

b155.jpg

This camera has a pretty cool futuristic look but it doesn't match the features or looks of the Bolex.

Gaf102A.jpg

Edited by Jacob Thomas

Is it this (the bolex 155):

b155.jpg

This camera has a pretty cool futuristic look but it doesn't match the features or looks of the Bolex.

Gaf102A.jpg

I used to see those Bolexes at garage sales quite often. I would laugh at them, because they looked like a teen-tiny television studio camera, with the square lens hood and top-mounted "mag".

Now I wish I bought them for the $10 asking price!

OK, this is now officially driving me nuts. There is an 8mm camera that looks very futuristic and has a lens shade permanently attached to the lens - the whole thing comes off looking like a ray gun but I forget which camera it is lol)

Was it the Italian Cinepresa MAX 8? :)

• Premium Member
I used to see those Bolexes at garage sales quite often. I would laugh at them, because they looked like a teen-tiny television studio camera, with the square lens hood and top-mounted "mag".

Now I wish I bought them for the $10 asking price!

I have one of these, actually it's my dad's, it's an awesome camera. Top loading, manual exposure, two speeds, only thing with my dad's is the eye cushion fell apart(old rubber).

Kev