Is the Canon 514SV a good cam?

Dallas Young

Guest Ian Marks

Yes, it's a good camera, and a good one to start with. Very solid, sharp lens, 24 fps speed setting. Don't pay too much, though.

Guest Ian Marks

Matthew, really...

1. This is a Super 8 forum. What are the chances he's looking at a Single 8 camera?

2. Again, this is a Super 8 forum. Single 8 might have the edge in registration. I say *might*, because I haven't even *seen* a Single 8 camera in decades. For that matter, 9.5mm might have the edge. Are you going to suggest that this guy go out and buy a 9.5mm camera?

Matthew, really...

This is a Super 8 forum. What are the chances he's looking at a Single 8 camera?

Wow Ian, you are a real piece of poop.

There is not enough demand for a Single 8 for it to warrant it's own forum, and the 8mm debate here isn't ''multiformat'' enough for this to be a general 8mm format.

9.5mm, really, there are only 400 odd 9.5mm user worldwide, was that really nessercary?

And the Canon 514SV has got a Single 8 companion, Dallas Young didn't specify, so what's wrong with verifying?

-Matt, slightly cheesed off.

Edited by Matthew Buick

Guest Ian Marks

No need to get cheesed off. I'll simply ask again... given the miniscule number of Single 8 Canon 518 SV's in circulation, what are the chances that he's looking at one? Probably less than one percent, I would think.

The 518SV is the camera I always recommend for beginners, as it has all the features you need and is cheap and good quality.

(Of course newbies generally don't listen as they want cameras with lots of knobs, a redundant microphone, and the ability to take the 200ft film cartridges that are no longer produced.)

No need to get cheesed off. I'll simply ask again... given the miniscule number of Single 8 Canon 518 SV's in circulation, what are the chances that he's looking at one? Probably less than one percent, I would think.

Well, there is always a chance, sorry I got so cheesed off, everyone attacking me when I'm BUSY IMPROVING MY SPAM LEVELS!!!!!

(Of course newbies generally don't listen as they want cameras with lots of knobs, a redundant microphone, and the ability to take the 200ft film cartridges that are no longer produced.)

Right, I never said I wanted lots of buttons, I wanted the redundant microphone because it fits in those flash synced Tape Recorders, it also indicates that the camera is quiet, I wanted the 200ft capabilities because I have a SuperMag.

Now stop attacking me when I'm busy reducing my spam, otherwise I just won't bother. :angry: