still shots from internet video

hmmm not sure if I did this right?

well if it worked let me know what you think its just some still shots from a internet video I shot last week.

well if it worked let me know what you think its just some still shots from a internet video I shot last week.

oops i deleted my attachments by trying to add more. well here they are again!

hahaha okay..... I keep deleting them by trying to add more. sorry

well here they are AGAIN!

oops i deleted my attachments by trying to add more. well here they are again!

hahaha okay..... I keep deleting them by trying to add more. sorry

well here they are AGAIN!

Where is it?

Where is it?

Strange...it only shows up in my reply.

You need a hair person! Otherwise, looks good.

got another screen grab,had to lose the old ones, is there a way to post more than 2,I see multiple photos all the time??

Hi Daniel - you might try posting a batch on Flickr and linking to the photo set there.

Edited by Troy Warr

Hi Daniel - you might try posting a batch on Flickr and linking to the photo set there.

Thanks troy

My Webpage still shots

haha victory!!!! just some still shots taken from a internet video i shot last week.

The shoot went good,Im happy with my work, I was the DOP.

hopfully the video will be online in the next few months

Edited by Daniel Carruthers

I think the framing is good, you seem to have a solid grasp on the rule of thirds, adequate look room, etc.

Lighting on the characters' faces (at least the girls') tends to be a little dark - they seem to be in the shadows, while their hair has sufficient light. If that's done for a specific effect it can be OK, but otherwise it may be distracting.

As a general statement, the lighting also seems kind of flat and dim - if you're going for a low-key effect, you might want to try increasing the intensity of the key light to increase contrast and better separate the subject(s) from the background.

It might be helpful to get some background information on the story, mood, characters, etc. to better critique the effectiveness of the shots.

I think the framing is good, you seem to have a solid grasp on the rule of thirds, adequate look room, etc.

Lighting on the characters' faces (at least the girls') tends to be a little dark - they seem to be in the shadows, while their hair has sufficient light. If that's done for a specific effect it can be OK, but otherwise it may be distracting.

As a general statement, the lighting also seems kind of flat and dim - if you're going for a low-key effect, you might want to try increasing the intensity of the key light to increase contrast and better separate the subject(s) from the background.

It might be helpful to get some background information on the story, mood, characters, etc. to better critique the effectiveness of the shots.

Its kind of an educational video with a story wraped around it

The writer?producer is a teacher and he wrote a story around his teachings

The story is these characters go to this house and into these 3 rooms and each room is a metaphor for the subject matter that the teacher is teaching.

I did go for a dark look for 2 of the rooms because i tried to keep the set well lit but keep the light off the actors, because in 1 of the rooms the teacher is talking about objects like,teddy bears,newspapers,chess boards. and how different meanings and memories people get by looking at stuff like that.

I agree the footage does look alot flatter on my computer. It looks alot better on my TV, its actually supposed to be darker,and the highlites brighter, but my computer washes every thing out.

And unfortunatly this is a video made for the internet so thats where the image is gonna end up, but I think you can also buy the dvd online.

As for the girl in the white room,She is darker when compared to the white background, also 1 thing you cant see in the still shot is that highlight on her left cheek and hair is a light I have fading in and out, I think its really effective, but I agree when I see the still shot of the bright highlight it can be a little distracting.

• 1 month later...