Untamed Cinema - Super Heroes / Batman / Robin / More...

Enrique Lombana

Dear All,

I had to share this with you.

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/nonsw/grayson/

A director pooled his own money, a little over 10 grand and made a super hero trailer. He also provides a behind the scenes were he tells how he was able to do alot of what was seen. Really interesting, inpiring too.

Enrique

10 grand to produce a trailer...and he expects to make that money back?

Sorry, not with this trailer...it's so over the top, involves too many of the Justice League characters to be taken seriously, and at times it seemed like a bad Power Rangers episode.

I like the idea of Robin seeking vengance for Batman's death...but to involve every other superhero takes focus away from it.

Looking forward to Nolan's new film :)

Maybe he may never get the super hero green light, but you can definitely see a talent there. The behind the scenes video was about 30 min and it was quite insightful as to what he was able to pull off with what he had.

He spent his own money to do this, he might get a big producer's attention, and be big one day. I think it was a valiant effort. (practical is another thing)

Enrique

• Premium Member

Yeah both John and Gabriel did a wonderful job, their trailer has been around for a while now. They shot the trailer on a bolex with an anamorphic lens on the front, if you saw the behind the scenes you can see how it was attached. When it first came out there was a lot of talk amongst the fans to try and get Warner Bros to make a feature version of Grayson. Of course it never happened but it garnered a lot of buzz amongst the Comic Con and the net. They've made other films which you should be able to watch on ifilm, if they haven't taken them off already.

Kev

Yeah both John and Gabriel did a wonderful job, their trailer has been around for a while now. They shot the trailer on a bolex with an anamorphic lens on the front, if you saw the behind the scenes you can see how it was attached. When it first came out there was a lot of talk amongst the fans to try and get Warner Bros to make a feature version of Grayson. Of course it never happened but it garnered a lot of buzz amongst the Comic Con and the net. They've made other films which you should be able to watch on ifilm, if they haven't taken them off already.

Kev

Marvelous.. That was superb. I loved the superman character and some brilliant portrayals of the heroes.

This was better than the film versions because it was unconstrained and fresh. NOT so the script what I saw at least.. BUT well done on the rest. The only problem I could see was the costumes were not hollywood standard BUT even so they were mostly better designed.. And that superman prortrayal just brilliant.

:)

• Premium Member

Dead End is one of the best fanfilm trailers. Sandy Collora is very talented, I think he spent about 35k on that trailer. He had the hookup for costumes and makeup so I think most of that budget went to film stock and processing and transfer.

Kev