Not quite ASC, but still...

Adam Frisch FSF

• Premium Member

I have been inducted into the Swedish equivalent to ASC - The Swedish Society of Cinematographers (or Föreningen Sveriges Filmfotografer - F.s.f. - for short). The society was founded in 1961 and has had some prominent members, Sven Nykvist and Jörgen Persson being the most internationally known.

Just like in the ASC (the society they modelled themselves after), you have to be invited by two members. It used to be you had to have done at least one feature, but that was dropped a couple of years ago and now you can be eligible for commercial and TV work as well.

Didn't actively pursue joining until I found a lot of members with less experience than me (in my opinion) getting inducted, so I finally asked two members I know well to recommend me too... :D :P

• Premium Member
Thanks everyone. Obviously, I'm now going to sit back and do nothing waiting for Speilberg to call.. :rolleyes:

I think that's the right move! Get those feet up and revel in your achievement! Oh wait, those letters probably come with a bill....back to work!

Congrats Adam.