Lighting Help for Exterior shoot

Hi,

I am shooting a 5 minute film for school on monday the 5th of March and I need to build myself a silk frame. I've searched the web for tutorials but can't seem to find anything on building your own silk frame.

I went to a few fabric store to look at different types of fabric (it was suggested to me to buy that speedo material - lycra [?] ) but ended up not buying anything because of the thousands of different fabric pieces there and they didn't have any lycra.

Can anyone let me know of a website that shows "how to's" on building your own lighting equipment, or maybe tell me what fabric and size (thickness) of fabric to use to create a silk frame.

Also, can I build my own french flag? suggestions...

Thank you for the help!!

Shoot Details:

PAL DVX100A

All Exterior in the harsh South African sun (after getting equip - 9 hours to shoot film)

Golf Course

5 minute film

Shots: roughly 35-45

One day shoot? I assume there's a rental house nearby.

If your time is worth anything to you just rent a couple sky-hi stands and a 6x6 or 12x12 frame and a silk. It won't cost you much at all and saves you loads of hassle.

I would suggest once youve rented the real stuff you will have a better idea how to build your own in the future

One day shoot? I assume there's a rental house nearby.

If your time is worth anything to you just rent a couple sky-hi stands and a 6x6 or 12x12 frame and a silk. It won't cost you much at all and saves you loads of hassle.

I would suggest once youve rented the real stuff you will have a better idea how to build your own in the future

Oh and don't forget the crucial sandbags!