Films shot on Super 16

Martin Yernazian

Pi, Clerks, and Chan Is Missing are all straight 16 FWIW

-Sam

Vera Drake

Dave Chapelles Block Party

Neil Young: Heart of Gold

all of the Christopher Guest/Eugene levey movies ie...Waiting for Guffman, A mighty wind, for your consideration

Never Dia Alone

Primer

On Broadway

and on and on and on

It is a great format. If you are considering it for a shoot, I'd say "do it!" I have used it and if offers me all I need.

Chris

I thoroughly enjoyed Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. I liked the story which I felt was in the same vain as The Lady Killers... I'm speaking of the original version of course.

As for the films look, I wasn't terribly offended either, but I can tolerate quite a bit if I like the story. Which I did.

you guys forgot The BEliver! if anybody seen this movie is really good

also in 16

Native of New York

This film will leave you speachless, is shot with a 1924 Kodak cam and is great

Woodstock a classic shot with an army of npr's

Yes, Woodstock was shot with Eclairs NPR"S

-------------------------------------------------

I check Imdb for bully and says that it was done on 35mm

I wonder where did you hear that it was done on 35? I'm curious

Thanks

'March of the Penguins'

Plus many other fine nature documentaries like 'Dragons of the Galapagos' and 'The Skeleton Coast.'

And I'm not even 100% sure if this particular film was shot on 16mm but I assume it was - the Rolling Stones concert film of their US 1981 tour - 'Let's Spend the Night Together.'

• Site Sponsor
i think woodstock was shot with eclair cameras right?

There were definitely arri M's used as well you can see them in some of the shots with the giant 1200' 16mm mags. I wish I still had mine (I had a 1200' mag too) great camera.

-Rob-

Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects" was shot on Super 16 and looked wonderful. Ironically, I was watching a DVD tonight called, "AC/DC No Bull -- Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid" which is a live AC/DC concert from 1996 that was shot on Super 16. The cover for the DVD even states, "Filmed live on Super 16mm film"! It looks (and sounds) magnificent!

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

What about the Squid and the Whale? Or Hustle and Flow? Neither are favorites of mine but I think are great uses of the medium... and they were shot with mostly 500 stocks.

Oh and Factory Girl, Last King of Scotland, Sherry Baby and Half Nelson are recent popular additions to the Super16 family. And I hate to admit it, but I was fooled by Scotland... I thought it was 35 when I was at the theater, having not read any tech stuff beforehand like I usually do. Maybe it was because the the screen wasn't that big... either way, I was shocked to learn that. Though seeing the desert scenes in Babel shocked me more.

Who needs 35 or complex HD gear anymore?? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1