new site up

Very beautiful work, Jarin, a pleasure to watch. I love the way you use long lenses. Great color, lots of great movement, timing and framing, and a good eye to boot. I'll be looking for a chance to see these shorts projected, and for your future work.

Many specific shot questions, but I'll limit myself to one: the woman pouring milk for the boy at the table has some strange focus effect, doesn't quite look like swing/tilt. Was this done in camera or post, or both?

What the heck - I finally got a basic site started. Feedback is always good. Thanks.

www.jarinblaschke.com

Hi Jarin,

Some really great work. I echo the above comments. Really good compositions with some excellent lighting. I also like how it's in sections rather then chopped as a montage all together. Well Done.

Very nice work, Jarin. I'm impressed!

I'm curious to know what it was shot on - mainly the first segment, the B/W portion and the band destroying their gear at the end - for the latter two at least, I'd guess an HVX200 w/ 35mm DOF adapter?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all. All material was 35mm - the last segment was a 435. Girl and boy at the table was in fact the Arri bellows system. I kind of wanted it 'off,' without too blatant and typical an effect. The band was shot in reverse at 96 to 140 fps for the smashing shots.

The black and white was Plus-x and Double-x 35mm. Mostly Panaflex GII with a Panastar for a shot or two.

Trying to secure my first feature this week (for later in the spring) and have another short shooting this summer in Utah. Really hope that Panavision can open up a set of E-series for us...

thanks again,

Jarin