16mm developing spools?

Liam Dale

are you looking for a tank for still film, or one of the big ones for movie use?

I actually don't need the tank, just the large reel for movie use. I am planning on using the gelatine on the film as a substrate on which to grow mold, and if I could find a spiral developing reel it would keep the film from touchig itself and act as a better surface. Do they still make these or is my only hope ebay?

When I bought my various Lomo tanks I found a spare spiral on one occasion and picked it up for similar purposes. I didn't know what I wanted it for yet exactly but its turned out to be useful since (drying partially developed film for re-use in camera) - of all the parts of a Lomo its the one that is hard to make yerself !

I would have passed it on to you a year or so ago, but its now being used regularly enough ... I'd still keep an eye out and try contacting the ebay sellers that seem to have a steady stream of the tanks turning up, god knows where they get them from, but they might have a spare spiral.