"Cinematography" third edition by Malkiewicz & David Mullen...

Yeah yeah yeah, I know what you guys are thinkin', "Where the hell have you been!?"

Well, I was still stuck in the "Second Edition" land, pre-Mullen...so forgive me for not updating my edition so late :)

Plus, relatively speaking concerning cinematography books, this one is still fairly new

Just curious (if David reads this), what was David Mullen's biggest contribution to this latest edition?

Not sure exactly where it is, but I know I asked the same question a few months ago and David posted a response as to his contribution. I too have the second edition that I got in 8th grade, and was going to get the third, but ended up spending my money on cinematography style. Do a search and you'll find the post. I think it was a section on DI and some updated lighting information. might be worth the buy though. I figure I have learned entire books worth of information from Mullen already...I know just about everyone on this board can say the same.

• Premium Member

I rewrote and reorganized sections of the book, some in pretty minor ways, some more major. There is maybe 25% new writing in the book. The camera, lenses, film stock sections were just updated and made a little more clearer, but not significantly changed, mainly just organized slightly better. Some pictures were updated. The lighting chapter was more radically changed to reflect modern trends. The biggest changes were to the sound and editing chapters.