WTB: 16mm Developing Spools

Liam Dale

Hey all,

I am looking for 16mm developing spools to use in an experimental process I am developing. I don't need the tanks, just reels in useable condition. If you have one or a couple sitting in a box somewhere gathering dust please drop me a line. Thanks.

Liam

You are going to confuse people again... Well, at least confuse me :rolleyes:

I'd refer to them as developing spirals or people wont know what you are on about ;) specifically, lomo spirals unless someone knows of another manufacturer that did 16mm in long lengths ?

Thanks Nick, probably right. I grew up saying spools for the little ones for 35mm stills.

get two bits of electronics wire (not too think) - and spiral them out next to each other on a flat surface, (somehow) glue only one of them down, when the glue has cured pull the other up as it was effectively a spacer ...

spiral!

yeh yeh ? nah ?

You are going to confuse people again... Well, at least confuse me :rolleyes:

I'd refer to them as developing spirals or people wont know what you are on about ;) specifically, lomo spirals unless someone knows of another manufacturer that did 16mm in long lengths ?

Jobo made 16mm developing reels in both 15M (33') and 30M (66'). There's also the old Stineman System -- a metal, 100' one-sided spiral tray (made for 35mm but will work with 16mm).

Jobo made 16mm developing reels in both 15M (33') and 30M (66'). There's also the old Stineman System -- a metal, 100' one-sided spiral tray (made for 35mm but will work with 16mm).

Oops. Speaking of confusing, that should be 15M (50') and 30M (100'). Also, Jobo long-roll 35mm reels are the same design except for the deeper centre hub, so they could probably be adapted for 16mm.

Oops. Speaking of confusing, that should be 15M (50') and 30M (100'). Also, Jobo long-roll 35mm reels are the same design except for the deeper centre hub, so they could probably be adapted for 16mm.

thanks, I'll look into those.

I found Jobo reels here for quite cheap

Is anyone familiar with the company?

Never dealt with the company, but the Jobo 1500 system is just for regular lengths of still film. The long roll systems were the 5000 series. I checked the reels I have and they're actually 10M. I was wrong again -- they were made in 10M, 20M and 30M sizes. No listings of any reels on the Jobo US site, and only small reels on the German site, but I did find this:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/analog_fr...its_10Meter.pdf

Wish I had one of the loaders, even 30 feet is a trial to load by hand.