XL1/ XL2 Prime Lenses

Josh Holland

Guest Mike Andrade
I believe you can actually use some of the prime still photo lenses from Canon on the XL cameras. I've never seen it done though, just the 35mm adapters.

Actually Mitch I think you right. I recall seeing a section on DVINFO where Chris Hurd took out a few of the most popular still and video lenses and shot test footage with each on them on the XL2. I'll have to look for it again.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I believe you can actually use some of the prime still photo lenses from Canon on the XL cameras. I've never seen it done though, just the 35mm adapters.

Canon makes an adapter which allows you to put canon Ef still lenses on an Xl mount. The format change makes every lens something like 7x more telephoto so it seems to only be very practical for nature videography.

Canon makes an adapter which allows you to put canon Ef still lenses on an Xl mount. The format change makes every lens something like 7x more telephoto so it seems to only be very practical for nature videography.

The same is with all cheap 35mm mounts. Therefore you have to use very wide lenses to compensate for this.

You can get more expensive mounts that compensate for this.

Edited by Anatole Sloan