Look what the pretty USPS lady brought me

Dory Breaux DP

So today as I was rocking out to Iron Maiden with my little brother guess who shows up but the mail lady. I was thinking it would come via UPS or FedEx, but to my surprise I had a package from "Downes" in Florida! and guess what it was!!??

l_ce3a158ab5a737078b64659f98683f0f.jpg

l_206388a6f857d5502ba28daceaf94cbc.jpg

Thanks to Nate Downes of these forums, I am now a proud owner of a K-3!!!! The light meter even seems to work well!!!

I look forward to putting my first hundred feet of film through it.

Thanks,

Dory

PS: No i don't plan on using that tripod, its just what I had on hand right next to me.

Edited by Dory Breaux CDBProductions

What is that, a telescope tripod?

haha actualy its an old still tripod. probobly about the same age as the K-3

That's handy, all I got this morning was a catalogue.

Well if it was Victoria's secret then its not too bad is it?

Hmm, that camera sure looks familiar....

Glad it got to you quickly. Now, go out there and shoot! 8)

Yeah I was surprised it came so quick... all the way from Florida

Congrats!

Now find a lab, and try to get an educational discount from Kodak.

found a lab, and yes I am going to try to sweet talk/bribe/blackmail Kodak into giving me some discounted film. Although I found some pretty good deals already...

Exactly! Couldn't she have modeled holding the camera?

On the other hand, for many of us, a cool camera is most likely our date for Saturday night.

No i actually don't think you'd want that to happen :) . Shes not that, uhhhhh, "pretty."
Well done! Did you get the bayonet mount version or the m42 screw mount version? I recently exposed some colour negative film for the first time with my K3 and I'm waiting to see the results.

Its the bayonet mount. The guy from movie stuff is going to mod it for me so I can use Pentax screw mount lenses once he has finished moving the "office."

Hey, can anyone recommend a good tripod?

Looks great! I think we ordered our K3s at the same time...still waiting for mine, it should be in any day. My 35mm pentax lens came in, and seeing your camera, now I am feening. I even got 300ft of plus-x, 100ft of tri-x and about 300ft of 7218 ready to roll. just need the camera.

Congrats on you pick up, maybe now my pretty UPS lady can drop by.

Maybe I just need to crank the Iron Maden, thats probably what I am doing wrong.

Edited by Michael Collier