Super16 reccommends

Davon Slininger

Any reccommends on a super16 package? This will be my first 16mm shoot. I'll need something portable and quiet. I have some car interiors, and a lot of handheld. I helped prep an Aaton Xprod package the other day and I really liked the camera but I didn't check on ramping fps. I need to slow down from 24fps to 3fps at most for a sped up time look for a couple shots. Maybe have to do that in post? Any ideas?

Doing my research but curious to hear about any experiences, preferences or reccommends.

From the sounds of it you may want to try to get your hold on a A-Cam. It's really small for a S16 camera and can shoot at 6fps

I've never actually used one but I've read various articles about it citing positive things.

As far as cameras I have used if you can afford it I'd recommend the Arri SRIII. It's not the smallest camera in the world but it does do ramping very well.

Does it have to be super 16. If you aren't going to project it you could shoot regular 16 then crop it. you would then have a lot more cameras to choose from. But maybe you are going to project it. It is possible for an Aaton ltr 54 to be converted to super 16, that would be a pretty good choice if you can't afford an Arri sr.

Personally, if it is an amateur film i would shoot regular 16.

• Premium Member
Does it have to be super 16. If you aren't going to project it you could shoot regular 16 then crop it. you would then have a lot more cameras to choose from.

Not in the rental market -- you're talking about in the used camera market.