my first exposure meter

what would be the best choice for a second year cinematography student with practically no money :) that's looking to buy his first exposure meter for shooting on film? i have gossen in mind, which is pretty affordable here in romania(i live in romania, btw). i could really use a proffesional's opinion...

• Premium Member
what would be the best choice for a second year cinematography student with practically no money :) that's looking to buy his first exposure meter for shooting on film? i have gossen in mind, which is pretty affordable here in romania(i live in romania, btw). i could really use a proffesional's opinion...

I always use my minolta's these days and have a spare Gossen Lunasix F - you can have it cheap if you're interested. It's a good quality meter in good condition with cine exposure's 4.5fps to 144fps. PM me if you want it...

I got a Spectra IV on eBay for $130, I love it.

I don't really believe in "beginner's light meter"...unless by that term one means just an older style analog meter that most schools carry.

In which case, a Sekonic Studio Deluxe is a good one to learn on, and they're not at all expensive.

Edited by Jonathan Bowerbank