MacBeth Color Chart RGB values

Mitch Lusas

I'm having trouble finding the RGB values for the MacBeth Charts. I'm looking for exact color reproduction, as I'm doing a tutorial on Color Theory. While a gray card could do well, I really want to make sure that all of the colors sit well.

An example of one of my experiments: changing the color of a red apple with only the use of gels on lights. One of the things I want to do with this experiment is use a gel (not sure which one yet, possibly a CalColor 90 Cyan) to make the red apple appear gray.

Any input would be great. Thanks for your help.

p.s. I'll be running these tests in two weeks.

As long as the grey card's neutral, all the colors should be as true as the can possibly be. Color timers rarely reference any of the colors in a color chart for correcting, if anything, they're only for the shooter's benefit to get some type of reference...

That being said, I just shot a test using produce items that represented as many colors as I could get and I shot them all together with a grey card in the background, mostly for fun. But I shot them with ungelled tungsten, with full CTO and then with full CTB to see what happens to those colors when correcting for the grey card.

A MacBeth chart is a good idea as well, but just be sure it's a somewhat new one and that the colors on it haven't faded so its colors are more "true" to what they should be.

A good information source for Colour Checker is the following page:

http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/ColorChecker.htm

Check out also the software it?s very useful if you own a gretagmacbeth eye one pro spectrophotometer.

It?s interesting to take a look also to:

http://www.imatest.com/docs/tour_colorcheck.html

Regards,

• 6 months later...
I'm having trouble finding the RGB values for the MacBeth Charts. I'm looking for exact color reproduction, as I'm doing a tutorial on Color Theory. While a gray card could do well, I really want to make sure that all of the colors sit well.

An example of one of my experiments: changing the color of a red apple with only the use of gels on lights. One of the things I want to do with this experiment is use a gel (not sure which one yet, possibly a CalColor 90 Cyan) to make the red apple appear gray.

Any input would be great. Thanks for your help.

p.s. I'll be running these tests in two weeks.

Hey I'd love to see those tests you did. Could you share some pictures with us?

Thanks