Lens fo B&H 70dr

Stacy R Fillion

Hello I just recently purchased a 16mm 70-dr and it came with a 25mm f/2.7 Animar Balcote lens. My question is that it only has a ring for f-stop and nothing to set feet at. Is the lens constructed to always be in focus no matter what stop your using?

Hello I just recently purchased a 16mm 70-dr and it came with a 25mm f/2.7 Animar Balcote lens. My question is that it only has a ring for f-stop and nothing to set feet at. Is the lens constructed to always be in focus no matter what stop your using?

It is no doubt intended for amateur point and shoot filming, and the focus is likely at 25 feet. So as long as you are stopped down a bit for filming in daylight, something like 12 feet to infinity should be in reasonable focus. In very bright sunlight at say f/22 you would be okay filming something that was just a few feet away. Your exposure time is 1/42 at 24 FPS so you will be stopping down more than with most cameras. I don't have any depth of field tables handy or I could be more specific.

• Premium Member

There are some "fixed focus" lenses intended to make it easier to do home movies. the focus is probaly designed to be about 10 feet, which at smaller stops will cover a lot....

Sugest finding a better lens. if you actually want to use the unit.