5 year extended warranty for AG-DVX100b

Sam Pencer

I'm buying a DVX100b, I was wondering if it is worth it to get the extended warranty. From all the opinions they seem like a reliable camera and I am hesitant to put down another $300+. But on the other hand if I'm spending a few thousand dollars...

I'm buying a DVX100b, I was wondering if it is worth it to get the extended warranty.

I would highly recommend you read the details of the extended warranty. You would be amazed at what really isn't covered. And many time the coverage is for things that normally have a high life span.

Here's some good information about extended warranties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_warranty

But, do note the comment in Wikipedia article:

"Consumers Union says only two products deserve extended warranty consideration: projection TV's and digital camcorders. Both are expensive to repair and need repairs frequently."

I would also check to see if you can get the same or better extended warranty from a 3rd party.

I'm not sure if the extended warranty you're talking about is the same as what we offer in Jessops but what all of us staff do is buy the cameras, purchase the 3 years accidental cover, and then in two and a half years time, break the camera to a point of disrepair.

The chances are they won't be able to fix it, and they won't have that model in stock to give me anymore. So they will have to give the current model. Brand new.

However... if you're anything like me you'll find it very hard to hold such an expensive and beautiful piece of equipment in your hands that's been your baby for the last 3 years and then throw it.

be careful as to what the warranty covers, since it often doesn't cover many things....

HOWEVER...

Personally, I would definitely get an extended warranty, since it DOES cover many things, ans inc omparison to how much you paid for the camera, it would definitely be worth it.

What a beautiful camera the DVX100 is. I'd hate for anything to happen to it :(

Good luck!