"Porcelain" Feature

Guest Stephen Murphy

Very nice work Stephen, I'm sure the noise in those stills isn't as obvious when it's actually playing, so it all looks pretty good...and quite brave, honestly.

If there's ANYTHING that I think might have helped, is just a little eyelight. Don't know if that's against the visual style that you were going for, but your use of lowlight reminded me a bit of The Godfather and how in many of those darker scenes, sometimes the brightest part of the frame is the light reflecting off their eyes...especially the very first shot of Godfather.

Still, I too look forward to seeing the final cut! Keep us posted!

Guest Stephen Murphy
hi

stephen did you do any test for film out with this level of underexposition.

what did you learn from thoses tests.

it's verry interesting as the 750 is a camera i often use for fictions.

thanks

No on this particular project we didnt have the money for any tests. Ive shot the 750 before quite a bit and taken some of that up to 35mm so i had some idea of how the transfer would handle the footage, and ultimately had to rely on my own personal experience. The HDcam footage is surprisingly noiseless for such an underexposed image - any noise on that trailer has been introduced by compression from the Hdcam masters down to Digi copies, from Digi copies to Mini DV and from MiniDv to quicktime and then Quicktime to Flash:)!