Bouncers at the NAB?

Carl Brighton

Red actually have bouncers on their stand.

Is this a first for NAB? :D

This is a rather good summing up of the RED stand:

Eyes on the RED Camera

Neither too respectful or disrespectful <_<

And this one

And may I nominate this story for sheerUnashamed Innacuracy :blink:

Quotations:

"HD digital video has long since eclipsed traditional 35 mm and 70 mm film in the making of movies, but until this project most movies were made on a videotape format. And although other movies (Collateral, Miami Vice) made use of Viper cameras, Zodiac is the first big-budget Hollywood feature to be shot entirely in uncompressed digital format, without mixing in scenes shot in other digital formats or, indeed, traditional film."

"That could soon change. An upstart California company, Red Digital Cinema (founded by Oakley sunglasses entrepreneur Jim Jannard), is unleashing a digital, tapeless HD camera with full 1920 by 1080 pixels. "

I am sure Jim will be thrilled to hear that!

The bouncers where brought in to protect the booth from me.

But maybe I'm in the booth right now, posting from my lap-top. Oh no here comes a spider bot!!!! Ack, thud, Help, blood, gore, fade to black.......

R,

The bouncers where brought in to protect the booth from me.

i don´t think that anyone would notice you. the bouncers are there to control the hordes of buyers and interested professionals. btw, did you line up for the presentation and saw peter jacksons shortfilm?

i don´t think that anyone would notice you. the bouncers are there to control the hordes of buyers and interested professionals. btw, did you line up for the presentation and saw peter jacksons shortfilm?

I didn't have to, Jackson sent the film to me before NAB to get my feedback.

R,

For some reason, this 'campaign' tactic kind of reminds me when Jesse Ventura ran for governor of Minnesota. And he won, of course.

I'll admit, Red certainly has an image, but it is incredibly exciting anticipating such a breakthrough camera. I also like to think of Red as what Happy Gilmore was to golf. I've also said from the start that upon release, I don't think anyone will truly know the scope of this camera for quite some time, and how it can be used in so many ways.

I've also said from the start that upon release, I don't think anyone will truly know the scope of this camera for quite some time, and how it can be used in so many ways.

Uhhh ... it can be used to capture 4k image sequences. How else will it be used? :unsure:

It's a pretty simple process... light goes into hole. Hole records image to box. Box gets downloaded onto computer. Computer shines light on wall.

Very similar to the old method of:

Light goes into hole. Box of stuff records image. Box of stuff gets removed from hole. Box of stuff gets dumped in tank. Box of stuff gets light shone through it.